Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cubesmith Update
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:56 am 

Wow, I totally overlooked that. I think working with kindergarten kids who don't know english has gotten to my brain and I'm losing basic reading skills.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:48 pm 

I noticed the half-truncated sticker sets are now available. Sweet!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:46 pm 

cubegrrrl, have you guys considered making stickers for the Super Square 1? It's the 4 layer Square 1 that the Chinese stores are now selling. The puzzles are nice but the stickers they come with are terrible. Not to mention that it has become popular to combine pieces from a few of them into some simple shape mods which would really benefit from some more colors. If you want, I can send you a set of the original stickers.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:42 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
I just wanted to let you guys know that we will no longer be offering the Studio logo. We have received a request from Seven Towns Ltd to remove it, so the Studio sets will now come with a 'Cubesmith' logo, and the Studio logos on tiles will not be offered. Sorry.

Whew! Good thing I ordered a Studio sticker set when I did just a while ago :mrgreen: seriously, my order shipped October 2nd, so I may be among the last people to get a Studio Logo :solved: ...

Kind of ironic that Verdes specifically requested that the V-Cube sets would come with V-Cube logos, and Seven Towns has demanded the exact opposite :roll:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:13 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
cubegrrrl wrote:
I just wanted to let you guys know that we will no longer be offering the Studio logo. We have received a request from Seven Towns Ltd to remove it, so the Studio sets will now come with a 'Cubesmith' logo, and the Studio logos on tiles will not be offered. Sorry.

Whew! Good thing I ordered a Studio sticker set when I did just a while ago :mrgreen: seriously, my order shipped October 2nd, so I may be among the last people to get a Studio Logo :solved: ...

Kind of ironic that Verdes specifically requested that the V-Cube sets would come with V-Cube logos, and Seven Towns has demanded the exact opposite :roll:

That is ironic. Given the high quality of Cubesmith products, it's surprising Seven Towns doesn't authorize them to sell "officially licensed" logos.

Even more ironic is that the Cubesmith studio logo is actually more accurate than the one sold on Hasbro cubes-- it has the correct apostrophe and dot over the letter i.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:47 pm 

I see that the Half-Truncated Cube sticker sets are now available!

That's too bad that they had to take away those studio logos... the quality of those were just spectacular!

I can see the reason behind the request of removal. They didn't want other people making a profit off their logo.

In search of Erno Rubik signed cube.

Last edited by Ben on Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:56 pm 

Ben wrote:
I can see the reason behind the request of removal. They didn't want other people making a profit off their logo.

Well, then maybe they could just not make a profit off of them and sell them to us dirt cheap! :D :D

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:01 pm 

http://cubesmith.com/uncut_tiles.htm

Uncut tiles available!!!

In search of Erno Rubik signed cube.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:32 pm 

Ben wrote:
http://cubesmith.com/uncut_tiles.htm

Uncut tiles available!!!

Came here to post this :D
These will only be available as singles, and only in the six standard colors.

We are thinking about adding another tile color of tile singles (just one for now)...What would you guys like to see most? I think purple is what we get the most requests for, but I thought I'd throw it up here and see what you guys think.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:01 pm 

cubegrrrl,

Just to let you know, when I click on the link, the links at the top of the page have weird lines over the letters. Usually the links are just underlined, but theres also lines going through the tops of the words. It's only on that page too, when you click on a link to a different page its normal. Just thought I'd let you know...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:31 pm 

If I had to choose one additional tile color, I guess it would be Purple. Ultimately, I would have like to see all of the colors from the Light Tile Set made available.....and Megaminx tiles, but I don't know if the demand is great enough for Cubesmith to get another die made.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:48 pm 

I would choose fluorescent orange, like the color that comes with the studio sticker set. I wish you had cut tiles in that color too. :)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:59 pm 

flambore wrote:
I would choose fluorescent orange, like the color that comes with the studio sticker set. I wish you had cut tiles in that color too. :)

Me too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:17 pm 

Purple!
I'd love to see my favorite color in tile form.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:51 pm 

Calzone wrote:
.....and Megaminx tiles, but I don't know if the demand is great enough for Cubesmith to get another die made.

Uh, if it matters, one more vote for minx tiles. :lol: The thing I like best about my Speed Minx from PUZL is the tiles. The thing I dislike the most about it is the colors they picked!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:07 am 

PURPLE, so my cubes will match my HUGE size 13 Crocs!
Please don't make me regret posting this:
Okay, yes, I'm a guy who wears Crocs, and I happen to like the color purple - no flames please...

Attachments:
Purple Crocs Pyraminx Crystal.jpg
Purple Crocs Pyraminx Crystal.jpg [ 64.8 KiB | Viewed 4135 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:31 am 

Bounb wrote:
flambore wrote:

Me too.

Wow I never thought about flourescent tiles, but it would be possible. So yeah, I vote for flourescent orange!

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:40 am 

Actually, I'd like the whole set of fluorescent colors- the ones that match the bright replacement set. http://www.cubesmith.com/my%20pics/3x3%20bright.jpg

My favorite cube is done in these colors. They work great in low lighting. No doubts as to the red vs orange, etc.

Last edited by flambore on Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:10 am 

pelley wrote:
Bounb wrote:
flambore wrote:

Me too.

Wow I never thought about flourescent tiles, but it would be possible. So yeah, I vote for flourescent orange!

Chris

Cubesmith already has an orange tile color - Can't we have something original? I am still voting for Purple

Last edited by stardust4ever on Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:47 am 

Fluorescent tiles (a la bright set) are something I've wanted to see for a while. Mmmm, those would be nice.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:54 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
Thank You for screwing up the thread formating with that oversized image. I always shrink them down to 640 pixels wide as a curtesy to other users.

No need to get cocky about it. I didn't embed the pic, I linked to it, and the board software took it upon itself to do that. I removed it as a courtesy to you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:50 pm 

Bounb wrote:
Fluorescent tiles (a la bright set) are something I've wanted to see for a while. Mmmm, those would be nice.

We are going to try it out, but we're not sure how well it'll work...
In honor of stardust4ever's purple crocs :lol: ,purple will be the first new color we will offer, though it'll probably be a few weeks; we've still got to cut material, print it, then punch the tiles.

As I've said before, new tile sets probably won't be coming any time soon. Megaminx isn't really an option until we have 12 tile colors to offer, unless you guys want a six color set, with each color twice. Square-1 is another one we get a lot of requests for, but that requires 3 different dies, and isn't really a realistic option right now. The main puzzles we get tile requests for are the 6x6x6 and 7x7x7 V-Cubes. We are testing some tiles pieces on the cubes right now, but we are thinking that between the pillowing and the mold marks, the tiles will not stay very well...We'll keep you guys updated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:33 pm 

Yeah! Purple! Will there be uncut purple sheets, as well?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:03 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Bounb wrote:

We are going to try it out, but we're not sure how well it'll work...
In honor of stardust4ever's purple crocs :lol: ,purple will be the first new color we will offer, though it'll probably be a few weeks; we've still got to cut material, print it, then punch the tiles.

Yay! I had a feeling they would make a BOLD imact! :wink:

I noticed that there are still some of the limited edition 3x3x3 Purple light tiles left over from the pastel sets. Are they going to be a similar shade, or will they be different? I pretty much started tiling my collection with textured tiles way back with my original 5x5x5, but I haven't tried the smoothies yet. Mmmm, smoothies...

EDIT: Well, I ordered a set of 3x3x3 limited edition pastel tiles - I figure they will be a nice addition for whenever I decide to tile another Rubik's Cube, as well as a good comparison for textured vs smoothies :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:54 pm 

Cubegrrrl,

I'm not sure if it has been addressed on this thread before, but I have skimmed the past 2 pages or so and haven't seen it mentioned, so I'm going to ask. Do you plan on offering VCube logo for tiles? As in just the black V on a white tile, for the 5x5x5? I just bought a 5x5x5 tile set and realized that I really like the Vcube logo and would like to see it in the tile form. Is this at all possible?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:45 pm 

I know that you already sell stickers for the Eastsheen 2x2x2 keychain cube, but could you also provide stickers for the Rubik's keychain 3x3x3? These are really popular cubes, about half scale compared to a real cube; I can pick one up anytime at Walgreen's for $4.99 :solved:
http://twistypuzzles.com/cgi-bin/puzzle.cgi?pid=722

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:20 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
I know that you already sell stickers for the Eastsheen 2x2x2 keychain cube, but could you also provide stickers for the Rubik's keychain 3x3x3? These are really popular cubes, about half scale compared to a real cube; I can pick one up anytime at Walgreen's for $4.99 :solved:
http://twistypuzzles.com/cgi-bin/puzzle.cgi?pid=722

They have for a long time http://www.cubesmith.com/keychain.htm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:10 am 

auhsoj wrote:

Ummm, okay, I got confused - I thought .8cm was larger than that (I'm not good at judging metric system units) :oops: also, the fact they got 12 stickers instead of 9, I somehow in the back of my head divided that by 2 (enough for two faces, LOL) to get 4 squares per face, hence the Eastsheen 2x2x2 keychains :? anyways my bad; I guess they give you extras since the stickers are so tiny...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:15 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
auhsoj wrote:

Ummm, okay, I got confused - I thought .8cm was larger than that (I'm not good at judging metric system units) :oops: also, the fact they got 12 stickers instead of 9, I somehow in the back of my head divided that by 2 (enough for two faces, LOL) to get 4 squares per face, hence the Eastsheen 2x2x2 keychains :? anyways my bad; I guess they give you extras since the stickers are so tiny...

Actually, it's because of the keychain. Since some of the stickers on a keychain cube are rounded, they give you extras so that you can sticker it normally, or use the rounded ones if you have the keychain still on your cube.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:29 pm 

Riceball92 wrote:
Do you plan on offering VCube logo for tiles? As in just the black V on a white tile, for the 5x5x5?

It has been added to our to-do list and will be available as soon as we have the time to make them. They will most likely only be available as singles, not as a separate set like we offer for vinyl.

stardust4ever wrote:
I noticed that there are still some of the limited edition 3x3x3 Purple light tiles left over from the pastel sets. Are they going to be a similar shade, or will they be different?

They will be the same color, and will be available in all sizes already available, including uncut squares, and on textured and smooth material.

Quick question for you guys...
We're going to get some more shirts made. They'll have the word 'Cubesmith' across the front (like the black shirts we had before) and probably a small Cubesmith anvil logo at the top on the back. What we need to know is what colors of shirt and printing you guys would like to see. We were thinking black with white printing will probably most popular, but we would like to offer a couple of different options, so let us know what you want to see.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:19 pm 

Will these have the spellNIG correct? ;)

I like black shirts. If I had to choose another color, a dark blue would be my next choice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:27 pm 

flambore wrote:
Will these have the spellNIG correct? ;)

Hahahaha :) Yes, we'll triple check the spelling this time

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:54 pm 

Cubegrrrl wrote:
We will be adding Skewb and Skewb ultimate to our list of sticker sets to add to the site...They will be in our standard vinyl though, not the original textured material.

Cubegrrrl, any likelyhood of the Meffert's-style textured fluorescent vinyl being sold in a 6 colour sheet set?

If not, do you know the brand name of the stuff? I've had no luck trying to track down the name of it, but I'd rather buy a manageable quantity from Cubesmith.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:25 pm 

From Thomas

Thomas wrote:
The back of the stickers only says 'd-c-fix'. I Googled and I guess it's this "Neon" line: www.tokan.de/d-c-fix-shop/xaranshop_k005001002001s001_1.htm.
Though the colours don't really match.

Thomas

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:07 pm 

Justin wrote:
Cubegrrrl wrote:
We will be adding Skewb and Skewb ultimate to our list of sticker sets to add to the site...They will be in our standard vinyl though, not the original textured material.

Cubegrrrl, any likelyhood of the Meffert's-style textured fluorescent vinyl being sold in a 6 colour sheet set?

If not, do you know the brand name of the stuff? I've had no luck trying to track down the name of it, but I'd rather buy a manageable quantity from Cubesmith.

I think we've discussed this in this thread already...Maybe it was the Cube4you textured vinyl? Either way, we've got the same problem you do - we can't find it anywhere. I followed the link provided here, but couldn't access the site, and I can't find anything through Google, either. As I've said before, if someone can let us know where to get it, we'd be happy to sell it on the site, but it seems no one has had any luck yet.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:12 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
I think we've discussed this in this thread already...Maybe it was the Cube4you textured vinyl? Either way, we've got the same problem you do - we can't find it anywhere. I followed the link provided here, but couldn't access the site, and I can't find anything through Google, either. As I've said before, if someone can let us know where to get it, we'd be happy to sell it on the site, but it seems no one has had any luck yet.
For d-c-fix, I found a german webshop:
http://www.d-c-fix-shop.de/leuchtfarben.aspx?itemsonpage=0
But I can't really tell if this is the original material or not, or even if would be useable at all.

BTW, any chance for sticker sets for "Rubiks Mirror Blocks"? I got two copies, and on one of them some stickers are badly placed. Also, I guess the 'shine' will wear off as time passes ... especially since my son really likes the weird shapes and would want one for himself :D

Cheers

Takrl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:45 am 

Volitar Prime wrote:
cubegrrrl, have you guys considered making stickers for the Super Square 1? It's the 4 layer Square 1 that the Chinese stores are now selling. The puzzles are nice but the stickers they come with are terrible. Not to mention that it has become popular to combine pieces from a few of them into some simple shape mods which would really benefit from some more colors. If you want, I can send you a set of the original stickers.

I would also love to see those. Any news on that yet?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:15 pm 

I second the bump cube stickers, I'd actually like to have mine in something not so shiney, gray or white or something would be cool, I hate seeing finger prints all over the cube.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:20 pm 

Alex wrote:
Volitar Prime wrote:

I would also love to see those. Any news on that yet?

Chris doesn't have the puzzle yet, but we have ordered one. Once it arrives, the sticker set will be added to our to-do list. I'll keep you guys updated on it.

tattooed wrote:
bump cube stickers

Already on our to-do list. Chris just got his bump cube over the weekend.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:09 pm 

Am i the only one who would love to see sets of megaminx tiles? My PVC megaminx(near-clone of the meffert's) has awful stickers and i love the feel of the textured cubesmith tiles. cubegrrrl, have you noticed any interest in megaminx tiles besides me? I'd love to be able to purchase some pre-cut tiles for mine.

However, i will be ordering a nice amount of stickers from you soon, regardless of whether there's any additional megaminx tile interest.

-CC10

Best solve: 28.84s

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:17 pm 

I would like magaminx tiles too but there are too many types of them.

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:19 pm 

Bigandrewgold wrote:

The cubesmith stickers fit a Tomy, Mefferts and PVC megaminx(like i said, nearly a clone of the mefferts). I think the only other types are the supernova and the chinaminx, both with (nearly) identical dimensions.

-CC10

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:45 pm 

coastercrazy10 wrote:
Bigandrewgold wrote:

The cubesmith stickers fit a Tomy, Mefferts and PVC megaminx(like i said, nearly a clone of the mefferts). I think the only other types are the supernova and the chinaminx, both with (nearly) identical dimensions.

-CC10

Don't forget the new "MF8" Meffert's clone and Drew's Pro-minx. :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:31 am 

cubegrrrl wrote:
Quick question for you guys...
We're going to get some more shirts made. They'll have the word 'Cubesmith' across the front (like the black shirts we had before) and probably a small Cubesmith anvil logo at the top on the back. What we need to know is what colors of shirt and printing you guys would like to see. We were thinking black with white printing will probably most popular, but we would like to offer a couple of different options, so let us know what you want to see.

Well, I am a big fan of retro T-shirts, as they make a nice fashion statement. I normally wear 2X size but most quality pre-shrunk 1X cotton shirts fit me just fine (not the cheap "stretchy" ones though). I generally try so stay away from stuff that looks "geeky" like OS shirts or shirts that only serve to promote some website or company. I would probably buy one for Cubesmith, though, simply because the anvil logo looks really awesome. A brightly-colored cube on the front side (like maybe a 3x3x3 or a 4x4x4) would also be awesome if you can get away with it without Seven Towns jumping on your case again. I think a printed 4x4x4 would deviate enough from the Rubik's trademark that you wouldn't be liable for anything :scrambled: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:30 pm 

coastercrazy10 wrote:
Am i the only one who would love to see sets of megaminx tiles? My PVC megaminx(near-clone of the meffert's) has awful stickers and i love the feel of the textured cubesmith tiles. cubegrrrl, have you noticed any interest in megaminx tiles besides me? I'd love to be able to purchase some pre-cut tiles for mine.

However, i will be ordering a nice amount of stickers from you soon, regardless of whether there's any additional megaminx tile interest.

-CC10

As I've mentioned before, we know you guys want Megaminx tiles, but we don't have enough colors to offer a 12 color set yet. We are working on getting new colors of tiles made, but don't hold your breath, it's a time consuming process and may take a while...Once 12 colors are available, we can reconsider a Megaminx tile set.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:31 pm 

Has there been any progress on the Supercube stickers?

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:47 pm 

Or the X-cut sticker sets? :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:56 pm 

cubegrrrl wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:

-CC10

As I've mentioned before, we know you guys want Megaminx tiles, but we don't have enough colors to offer a 12 color set yet. We are working on getting new colors of tiles made, but don't hold your breath, it's a time consuming process and may take a while...Once 12 colors are available, we can reconsider a Megaminx tile set.

Oh, that's right. I just remembered reading that somewhere and it just slipped my mind when asking the question. Sorry about that.

-CC10

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 5:26 pm 

coastercrazy10 wrote:
I think the only other types are the supernova and the chinaminx, both with (nearly) identical dimensions.-CC10

The supernova and Chinese tiled megaminx are the same in their cuts (the meet the edge instead of having space like the Meffert's and clones), but are not the same size. The Chinese tiled megaminx is larger. The Hungarian Supernova is the same size as a Mefferts.

I suppose a sticker for the Hungarian might work on the Chinese tiled (although with colored tiles it would be pointless), but it would be fairly small.

See this thread for some pictures and info.

Dave

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:05 pm 

DLitwin wrote:
coastercrazy10 wrote:
I think the only other types are the supernova and the chinaminx, both with (nearly) identical dimensions.-CC10

The supernova and Chinese tiled megaminx are the same in their cuts (the meet the edge instead of having space like the Meffert's and clones), but are not the same size. The Chinese tiled megaminx is larger. The Hungarian Supernova is the same size as a Mefferts.

I suppose a sticker for the Hungarian might work on the Chinese tiled (although with colored tiles it would be pointless), but it would be fairly small.

See this thread for some pictures and info.

Dave

Thanks for the clarification, Dave. I don't own either for sake of comparison, although i have used a few chinaminxes. But i'm putting the cart before the horse here anyway, and until there are more tile colors there won't have to be any decisions about this made by anybody :D.

-CC10

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 793 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 16  Next