Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dino Cube
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2000 10:26 pm 
There is a Dino Cube on E-Bay that I bid on. I was wondering what is the average price I will probably have to pay. I am currently the high bidder (though I imagine not for long) but I would like to know what I should expect to have to bid to win.

Thanks.

Post subject: RE DINO CUBE
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2000 3:47 am 
Probably about $100.00 to $150.00 The most anoying thing is that little message "Reserve Not Met". If a seller has a certin asking price they should use that as the opening bid. Iv'e seen an item with an opening bid of $1.00, high bid of $100.00, and still have that cute little message "Reserve not yet met"! Irksum aint it :/GOOD LUCK Eric

Post subject: They go for a lot
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 4:52 am 
A dino cube didn't appaer on ebay for the longest time. When one did pop up it went for over $800. More happed appeared since then but each one has gone for less than the previous one. Good luck!
Michael

Post subject: Untitled
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 7:02 am 
No Dino in the last year has gone for less than $200. Although this one in particular does not have Dinosaurs painted on it, I would suspect that the reserve is around that value. This puzzle is as sought after as a Domino. The $50 that you bid will be obliterated during the last hour of the bid. My advice, don't bother bidding for it any more until the last day.

Post subject: "Reserve Not Met".
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2000 7:22 am 

Eric,
If you notify from the start the minimum that you expect to get from the item, no one or not enough people may bid. With the hidden "reserve" you can get a larger pool of people that, once involved in the auction, will continue to bid. Like gambling, people start chasing the goal. Net effect, a better chance for a higher sale price.

Post subject: Thanks for all of the replies.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2000 4:52 am 
Thanks for all of the replies. I never imagined that this cube would go that high, but I guess I never really researched it. I don't mind paying a high price for one, but probably not $800. I guess since these can be next to impossible to find, that one can demand about whatever anyone is willing to pay, but for me, $800 is too much. On the other hand, it sometime is hard for me to put a price limit on something that I want in my collection :wink:

I did e-mail the seller to ask about how much the reserve was, but did not get a reply as yet. I think I will take the advice of waiting until the last day to bid.

Thanks,
Michael

Post subject: What for prices!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2001 9:08 am 

On the dutch cube day this year I´ve got a Dinocube (6color-variation) for 10 US$..., also a Trickhaus and Stern from east germany, all puzzles in excellent condition and unused. The Dino is for me, the other puzzles I want to swap for pieces which I´m looking for.

Post subject: What is Dutch Cube Day?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2001 9:08 am 

What is "dutch cube day"? Is it some sort of festival, or a trading day for cube-lovers?