1. How do I post pictures with a message on this site? I'll post pictures of my puzzles and let ya'll critique me.
Get a free web site from somewhere like http://www.angelfire.com
after you upload the pics there, jsut type in the URL and it will display them automatically
2. My next project is to make a domino using the suggestion and drawing in the Twisty site article. I've got Acrylic cubes of 3/4" size and I will be using a mini cube of approx. 1 1/8". Does anyone know how to figure the math to tell me exactly how far down to begin the cuts on the corner and edge cubes? Is there any way to easily figure this out?
For this, the fisher plans leave ALOT out. When i made one, or attempted that is. I had to cut ALOT out to make it rotate. You are going to have to fill the holes inside the mini cube for stability. Try using milliput as a starter. I wouldnt use prefab cubies for this project- i would use the cubies off of a regualr 3x3x3, as they will need to be cut down a whole lot to fit on to the kernel.
Its probably easier to make the split-axle version (which i started, but havent finished because i need to use a drill press which i dont own). The split axle version consists of this: cut 6-arm spider in half. Make the 2 halves rotate about eachother. Make round caps on 4 of the axles. and there are some mods needed on the edges and corners. Ask Ton D. to describe this better.
3. Are there any common Megaminx modfications? I don't mean the impossiball and star but are there custom puzzles that can be built using the Megaminx as a base?
Not that i know of, but i was told to make a siamese megaminx many times, but its just expensive ( 2 megaminx @ 26.00 each)
4. If I take the common six arm spider and refix three of the arms to make the mechanism for a triangle-shaped cube, how much modification would the lip of the edge pieces have to be changed from a normal 3x3 cube to work? In other words, is it possible to start with a normal 3x3x3 cube and make a triangle shaped cube such as is on puzzler. How about the 5 sided shaped cube. I'm talking about the ones that tyler mentioned a few posts back that someone said Mefferts made as prototypes and never produced.
No. Dont use a 6 arm to convert it. That would be too hard to move the arms of the mechanism.
I may be mistaken here, but
thats a skewb inside (pic from puzzle museum). It seems that this mechanism has 4 arms. I wouldnt know though, i dont have one. The edge pieces would need to be filled with epoxy resin maybe. you could try milliput though... Then, you would need to cut them down. Im not going to do the math to figure out the degree of cutting.
5. What is the internal mechanism for a Halpern-Meier Pyramid? Can it be built using a normal pyraminx as a base?
I dont know
6. Could a Mental Block be made easily out of Miliput and a keychain skewb? How about out of a Pyraminx mechanism?
Easily from a keychain skewb?
I wouldnt say easy....
Its a hard buildup. i have thought about it before.
It would also use a lot of milliput.
7. Is there any way to build an Ultimate X-cube like is on puzzler? I'm referring the cube shaped puzzle which is just like the dino cube except it is also cut like a normal 2x2 cube as well. If so, then what would be it's internal mechanism?
I know what you are talking about, there is a reference to it in Joshua bell's patents page.
you can see part of the patent on delphion:http://www.delphion.com/details?&pn10=US04474377
and see this also: http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/search-adv.htm&r=5&f=G&l=50&d=PALL&S1=4474377&OS=4474377&RS=4474377
and this is joshua's patent page: http://www.calormen.com/TwistyPuzzles/twisty.htm