Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Rubiks Magic Master Edition Tile layour
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2001 11:40 pm 
I was wondering if someone would be nice enough to post a layout which shows the arrangement of the unlinked side when the linked side is solved? I already made the 12 tiled edition using the template from Rubik's website, but I'd like to put my own picture in there. I just don't have any idea of how to arange the tiles on the unlinked side. If anyone has done this, could you maybe fill in the blanks for the unlinked side?

|1 |2 |3 |4 |5 |6 |
|12|11|10| 9| 8|7 | Linked side

| | | | | | | (Flip over)
| | | | | | | Unlinked side

Post subject: 12-tile magic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 6:36 am 

Look here:

[url=message5700.htm]http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=43402&messageid=1008173252[/url]

Post subject: re: look here
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2001 10:51 pm 
I can't connect to that site now. Is that the link to the pictures? If so, I saw that earlier, but it doesn't explain how to position the pieces of your own puzzle, just the chain pieces if you're using them

Post subject: Master Magic layouts
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2001 8:04 am 

Keith, the real beauty of making your own Magic puzzles is that you don't have to give in to the tyranny of the original design. If you don't have a Master Magic right now, break down 2 original magics and string a blank one together. Then cut out 12 little squares of paper, number them from 1 to 12 in pen, put tape on the numbered sides and attach them to the puzzle in the order you'd like, taking great care to orient them all the same way, and to number the picture the same way as you attach the papers to the puzzle. Then flip and flop the puzzle until you've come up with "the solution", and then either number the pieces again or letter them. If you number them, make sure you use a pencil or a different colour ink so you can tell the front side from the back when you take the pieces off. Now you not only have a key to which piece goes where, but the proper orientation as well. Chances are you won't come up with the exact same solution as the official puzzle (the odds of doing so are about 1% or less), so if you plan to sell them on eBay, you can advertise it as having "a different solution from the commercial version, giving you a new and unique challenge". Good luck in your puzzle making endeavours. :) L8r.

Post subject: Cool Idea!
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2001 2:21 am 

What a great idea! That is much more fun than spending $60 on an eBay Master Magic!

Post subject: Only $60???
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2001 2:21 am 

Lucky sod. :wink: Seriously, I spent $125US on my Master Magic on eBay, but even so I found it to be well worth the price, as it gave me the confidence to start designing and building my own. It would have easily been worth it at twice the price, IMHO. L8r.