Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 12-panel magic arrangement
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 3:25 am 

Thanks, everyone, for your earlier suggestions and commiseration about the Hessport Rubik DIY Magic kits. I've now reached the point where I've successfully reassembled an old Magic of mine, and I think I see what needs to be done to piece together the 12-panel version.

Here's the catch -- I can't find any references that describe the orientation of the pieces on the back side. I would like to make a custom design, but the only model that I can find is the linked/unlinked ring pattern on the Rubik site (their blank 12-tile template has a faulty link, and even their blank 8-panel refers you to nonexistent directions for aligning the blasted thing!). The problem with the ring pattern is that several of the reverse pieces are identical, making it difficult to tell which one goes where.

Help! Has anyone charted out the positions for either the 12-tile or 16-tile versions?

Thanks,

Peter

Post subject: magic
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 3:25 am 

I have never seen a magic in person, being used that is. What is the object of it? and how do you use it. It looks to me like a piece of carboard with squares cut in it