Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dogics + Megaminx + Pyraminx + Cube Lube
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2001 10:53 am 

hmm... seems that the current dogic on ebay isnt doing so well. http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1670095781

Anyone got a megaminx they wanna sell me? i just got one off ebay, but it sucked. I made them take it back. It didnt turn right, and reeked of perfume(no clue). I dont really care if its mefferts or tomy, but i think that i might prefer one that is 12 colors. Mefferts has none in stock

Think this pyraminx knock off is worth it?
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1672165197

It says i need wd40 for it, but doesnt that eat the plastic? If anyone knows how to open pyraminx, and grease it up please tell me. I have used petroleum jelly (vaseline) on my cube, it works great. But after a month, it got slow, and when i open it now, the vaseline is black from grinding in the cube. What should i grease my cube with?

Post subject: Cube Lube
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 8:38 am 

This was discussed a little bit around a month ago. I gave my suggestion here:

[url=message5880.htm]http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/message?forumid=43402&messageid=1005180845[/url]

Also check the threads (replies) for more info.

Hope this helps.
Doug.

Post subject: Super lube (smaller size)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:08 am 

I was in a store the other day, [I think it was Lowe's (a large hardware store chain)] when I noticed that the Superlube can be also be purchased in a tiny tube similar in size to the DIY lube kits for sale on the Rubik.com page.

Post subject: Cube Lube
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2001 10:53 am 
Rubik's has several new DIY kits that include a tube of "Cube Lube." I'd be inclined to think it's perfect for puzzles: Goes in as a liquid, dries as a film.

FYI,
Jason

Post subject: Lowes
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 5:21 am 

I was just going to ask where to get it, and i see they sell it at lowes. How much doest the stuff cost? I need enough for a pyraminx and prof. cube, a homer simpson head cube (anyone know how to dissasemble this thingy? ) and two regular cubes. Should i get a large tube or a small one?

Post subject: Superlube
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2001 5:21 am 

The stuff I used was in a 11 oz. aerosol can which I'm sure contains enough for probably 100+ cube puzzles.

If you buy it as a grease in the tube you have to disassembly the puzzle to get it in. It may also work itself out of the puzzle and onto your hands. (I've never tried the grease.)

If you buy it as the aerosol spray, it comes with a tiny straw (like with WD40), and you can actually spray it in the cracks between the puzzle pieces. If you have a puzzle that is really tight, the final result will be incredible.

I also use it on locks, hinges, etc., anything that needs to be lubed without leaving an oily residue. I don't remember how much I paid for it (it was so long ago), probably $5 to $10. There's also supposed to be a 6 oz. aerosol can which might be cheaper, but I've never seen it for sale in a store.

Doug.