Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Road Trip! Looking for puzzle people
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:43 pm 

Hello,
I'm planning a trip to Rochester, NY for the Rochester Puzzle Picnic on the 24th, and we may go by road. If we do, we'd be passing through the following cities: Grand Forks, Minneapolis, Madison, Chicago, Toledo, Cleveland, Buffalo. We'd probably choose to stop overnight in Minneapolis and Chicago. So if you're in any of those cities and are interested in meeting up (GF, Madison, Toledo, Cleveland, and Buffalo shorter meetups, Minneapolis or Chicago dinner-type), I'd be glad to hear from you, particularly if there are multiple people available to meet, or if you have some unique or handmade puzzles that we can play around with.

-John

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

Post subject: Re: Road Trip! Looking for puzzle people
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:50 pm 

When do you plan to be through Chicago? If I'm in town, I'd love to meet up. As far as I know Eitan is still in the area too, but I can't speak for him.

-d

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:42 pm 

Chicago...the party is on the 24th with stuff on the 23rd...I'm *guessing* 22nd evening based on overnighty-stuff guesstimates. We would probably stay just outside of Chicago, just to save on hotel costs. It might also be feasible to offer rides to (up to 2) people who want to attend the party (though it's mostly wooden-type puzzles). I certainly wouldn't object to a 9-hour drive with puzzle people, though I bow out when it comes to hotels. Info on the picnic at http://www.rochesterpuzzlepicnic.com/ and I can pass on contact details for the organizer to those who are interested.

That would be hugely exciting for me if Eitan could attend a meetup (in Chicago or otherwise).

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:35 pm 

I live in New Ulm MN but my hands are tied because I don't drive. I suppose I could talk to mom :oops: about it. Dear God I hope I can go because I love putting face with user ID or name to http://www.twistypuzzles.com people. What date would you actually be in Minnesota?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:16 am 

Aww, I'm in Ithaca. Wish I could go to the picnic but I can't afford a hotel and I can't drive anyway. ...Assuming they'd let me come, that is. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:59 am 

I'll be in Minnesota on the evening of the 22nd, probably. Might go just outside Minneapolis, though, to save on hotel costs.

For those with transportation issues: Greyhound bus, perhaps?

doctor who wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:25 pm 

Hi all,

Just booked a hotel for Toledo, OH and Google maps says that's only 1 hour from Detroit, MI. If you wanna meet up, we'll be there on the night of the 22nd. Toledo is also 3 hours from Chicago and 2 hours from Fort Wayne. I don't remember offhand where we are stopping on the night of the 21st...

We also probably won't be able to stop on the way back, but if you are willing and able to meet up, I am always glad to get together!

-John

doctor who wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:38 pm 

Unfortunately this will be too far for me during the week. It's closer to 4 hours for me :(

-d

Post subject: Re: [Not a] RoadTrip! [No Longer] Looking for puzzle people
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:11 pm 

Decided to fly. 21 hours is too much...

doctor who wrote: