Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A puzzle dream
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:51 am 

Before you ask, I wasn't dreaming about puzzles as I slept :lol:

What I'm referring to is something I would like to own. I was looking at puzzle boxes and I am really interested in them. I thought it would be SO amazing to have a puzzle box which requires around 10 moves to open, and within the box would be a cryptex; large enough to hold a cylindrical twisty puzzle! This is an idea I would like to pursue in the future and I just wanted to know your ideas on what twisty puzzle to have encased?

Two ideas I had was a 3x3x3 ghost cube, truncated to a cylinder then scrambled and stickered with 6 colours in a cubic fashion (If that makes any sense) and then returned to the cylindrical shape so the colours are mixed up. Or a similar concept but with a square-1, and also in a midturn state.

This would be fun, or tedious depending on your views :lol: I think it would be fun to solve puzzles to access a puzzle! And also the twisty puzzle part would be a 2-in-1 sort of thing as it would have to be returned to its uniform shape again to get it back into the cryptex.

P.S. Wasn't sure if this the right place to put this, or non-twisty?