Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: DOGIC on eBay - Brand NEW!!!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 4:07 am 
Hello everyone,

If you are like me you are probably looking for a Dogic cube. I have just searched in eBay and found out that there is a brand new Dogic cube out there. It has been just listed! I do not know until when but the current price is only at $9.99.

Here is the short URL I have created for you instead of the long eBay URL.

--> http://www.way.to/dogic

Let's hope that it will sell for relatively cheap...

Post subject: Hmmm...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2001 5:35 pm 

Don't be ashamed. You can admit to us that you're the seller, we won't hold it against you. After all, if you were a buyer you would want to keep things quiet and hope that few people know about it to keep the price low. The last Dogic went for $311.16. I'm sure this one will go for about that much as well. Maybe $270 or so.

Post subject: yeah...
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:35 pm 

and ive never come across two different people who call the dogic a 'cube'.

Post subject: Hey, Kiripska, Tell Us About Yourself
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2001 5:42 pm 

If you are who we think you are, you may have some interesting stories to tell. Are you a Hungarian entrepreneur?

You might have some good information for us. Are Dogics still being produced? Has the manufacturing operation really been moved to China?

Post subject: About me...
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 1:45 am 
Hello everyone,

First of all, let me tell you that I tried to be undercover and tried to kind of "fool" you but I just couldn't. Sorry, about this little "trick" of me and I'm happy that you figured out who really I am. :)

Now about me...I'm Hungarian and I live in Budapest. I've a small shop which sells perfumes and all sorts of cosmetics. However, I'm very interested in puzzles and have quite a few of Rubiks and other puzzles. I have been reading this discussion board for about 6 months (occasionally though) and I always find some interesting things.

About DOGIC...Here are the facts I know: I have been at the company last year and the people said to me that they stopped with the production because it was not profitable and very expensive to produce them. Therefore, they have stopped with everything and instead of producing less for higher margins they gave up everything completely. I just didn't understand the strategy behind this. :(

Anyway, I do not think that DOGICs are now produced in China. If they were I think we would have seen some of them already. And I think that Dogic is patented as well.

One more thing, if you want to contact me and maybe have a suggestion for "how to solve the DOGIC-production mistery" please contact me. My email address is: rubiks4sale@yahoo.com

Post subject: Close to VECSO?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 5:43 am 

Or whatever the name of the producer is. Many of us would appreciate it very much if they would sell the Dogic as a kit. Even if it comes unassembled as long as the pieces are sold I am sure that people would be interested even at a higher cost. I would pay $40 per kit to make a Dogic. I might buy even more just to be able to put together several different variations.

Post subject: Dogic kits
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 6:32 am 

Yeah, a kit would be cool. In fact, they could sell 2 kits [1 for the original Dogic with 12 colored corners and 1 for Dogic2 with 20 colored faces (two of each color)].

This assumes of course that no special fixtures or equipment would be required to properly assemble one.

Post subject: Mefferts assembly dogic!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2001 11:07 pm 

Thats such a good idea! How much fun would it be to piece together a dogic!! Like someone said, you could arrange the colours however you liked. I wouldnt mind Mefferts free airmail too. The postage of my dogic to Australia almost doubled the price of the puzzle...

Post subject: An alternate Dogic manufacturer ??
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 6:32 am 

Maybe Meffert's would be willing to purchase the molds and rights to make the Dogic. Since the Dogic puzzle appears to be very labor intensive, it might be more profitable in Hong Kong where the wages are lower.

Post subject: Dogics & Mefferts
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 7:09 pm 

...I think it's about time that I send M. Uwe Meffert an e-mail concerning
the idea of acquiring the patent for producing either assembled Dogics or Dogics Kits
we all think this is a great idea, but if we don't asked him, we aren't going anywhere.

I will keep you posted, shortly.

I have wrote to Uwe in the past on a couple of occasions,
and have always gotten a quick response.
...to be continued...

Michael
:wink:

Post subject: Meffert Dogic?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2001 11:07 pm 

I can imagine a lot of problems associated with the tooling and the rights to produce. I bet that the labor cost was probably a big part of it.

Assembling the Dogic doesn't require any special tools, by the way. Just a slim screwdriver.

Post subject: That's a Great Story
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 4:25 pm 

Thanks for the great story. The truth is much more interesting than the fiction!

Your information confirms my fears that Dogic is too expensive to produce. Sad.

Good luck, and keep those puzzles coming. I'm ready for the price of Rubik's Master Magic on eBay to come down to something reasonable!

Post subject: 3 Master magics
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2001 4:25 pm 

Carter, I have three of these, are you after one?