Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Creative Puzzle Photography (group)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:50 pm 

A bit of background: I have been stuck in the "Eat-sleep-University" cycle lately and I have been sadly neglecting the Puzzle Photography Facebook Group. As a result, the group is going stale (I have recieved complaints. I'm a bad moderator, not even contributing :oops: :cry: ). I created this group to share with others my love of puzzles and particularly photos that display them in ways other than as puzzles, and with a bit of a selfish agenda to see as many puzzles as I possibly can.

Here's my request to you: go to the Facebook group and ask to join. It's not a commitment to contribute pictures, though contributions are greatly appreciated. It's really easy to take pictures of puzzles, too; you don't even have to own a good camera or know anything about photography (composition, shutter speed, exposure, whatever). I don't know a lot about photography except by experience, and some of my best photos have been taken using a cheap point-and-shoot digital camera (though my shiny new DSLR has provided some good shots on "Auto" mode). I also have appreciated the work of others who do not use professional cameras. Start, perhaps, with some collection shots (you've probably got your own topic in the Puzzle Collecting subforum). Also, you can add me as a friend (I'm the group moderator). Then be sure to comment and enjoy others' work!

Thanks to all,
John

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.