Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Sterling Silver Rubik's Cube
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2001 1:51 pm 
I've got a question for everyone- I recently obtained the Silver Rubik's Cube that was being sold on eBay (I bought it privately). It's number #20 out of 2500 etc. It's wonderful! Anyone who hasn't owned a silver rubik's cube should try it. Here's my question (which I will preface with a sad story).

My wife decided that the cube had to go. "It's just too much to spend on a worthless trinket" she insisted. It got to the point where it was her or the cube. I flipped a coin and...well, I have to sell the cube (kidding- hope I don't offend anyone- I just REALLY wanted to keep it).

I suppose I'll have to put it back on eBay, and my question is what should I set the "buy it now" price for. How much could I get for this silver beauty? You hardly ever see them on eBay. I'm guessing that cube didn't sell for as much as it could have because the seller was BRAND NEW (I actually asked her to send me the cube first- and she did! yes- and I did send her payment...)

Yeah, I've rambled on here quite a bit, but does anyone have any advice on selling the silver cube? Is anyone interested in buying one? Does anyone know someone who is? (I'd just assume not sell it on eBay). Any advice would be appreciated. Thanx! :)

Post subject: Sterling Silver Rubik's Cube
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2001 1:51 pm 

Interesting in buying? Yes. But there's no way I can afford to absorb the fair price of an item like that. It's hard to say what the "buy it now" price should be since it's such a rare item. I don't think I'd put a "buy it now" price myself, but I'd definitely put on a reserve price just over my own original cost, just as a precaution. If you don't mind possibly taking a little bit and just want to give a little back to the puzzling community, I'd set the reserve lower though.