Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Yet another year in the life of a puzzler
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 1:48 am 

Here we go again, and again.

As I sit here on the last day of 2011 and think back over my last puzzling year, I can't help but think I have not done enough, or collected enough this year, or gave enough back to the community. But then when is enough enough? But then it doesn't matter, and it wouldn't be the end of the year if I wasn't reminiscent of my past year so buckle your seat belts and sit back and enjoy. Here we go (fast forward to 7:30).

The year started off as usual with the HKTGF. This year was a doubly fun time and then some. Verdes puzzles was with Dr. Panda and I had an absolute blast running around town with the boys (and Dr. Panda and his new wife). I loved the get together we had at Pizza hut as well.

Looking back over 14 pages worth of posts I see that I write a lot of rubbish. I enjoy laughing at both myself and others humorous posts. But have I really done anything this year? I had the now normal trips across the border for puzzle meets in March.

I attended a cubing competition in Shenzhen with Uwe and co. and we all know how much I hate those, but this time I was awarded a prize for taking forever and a day to solve the 3x3x3. :lol:

Ipp31 saw many old faces and a few new ones. As in the year before, I attempted to write about it as it progressed. I'm afraid that having TomZ, Georges, Konstantinos, and many more that I can't mention meant more play time and less posting time. At the end of IPP this year, I spent a few days making videos of each and every puzzle I got there. Talk about time consuming.

The highlight of my year was not something I did, but rather something Dave did!

October saw me at another boys and toys across the border-this time as a competition judge, but new births and stomach aliments meant not all the boys were there. Toys yes!

For this years Christmas song, you had to travel to my blog (anyone want to place bets on how long I keep that up?) Why did I start that anyway? why to get Gabriel writing again of course! And it has worked a treat!

So after another year and 14 pages worth of posts, I find that I've worked more this year than I've played. Something I will have to work hard at correcting next year.

Happy New Year everyone!

Post subject: Re: Yet another year in the life of a puzzler
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:01 am 

katsmom wrote:
The highlight of my year was not something I did, but rather something Dave did!
Well I think you have reaffirmed who wears the pants in our little moderator group...

Dave

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:05 am 

:lol: :lol:

Yeah. Real men wear dresses (or skirts)! :lol: :lol:

I think I need to go find my photos and post them here. (next year I'm buying a pink one just for you!)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:26 am 

katsmom wrote:
Yeah. Real men wear dresses (or skirts)! :lol: :lol:
Wearing a skirt is no laughing matter for a Scotsman :) Have a good Hogmanay!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:45 am 

yeah, but blue and flowey? I don't think so. :lol: :lol: