Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Curvy Copters now available at Mefferts!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:09 pm 

I am very happy to announce that the mass produced Curvy Copter is now available legitimately from Meffert's for just $18 with worldwide free shipping. At less than one tenth of the Shapeways' price, I'm very glad that many more people will now be able to enjoy this beautiful puzzle.

(note: this picture is of a 3D printed original)

I designed the Curvy Copter in early 2010 and I have sold many copies to collectors through my Shapeways Shop. Unfortunately, a KO company recently copied the puzzle but Uwe Meffert has been working very hard to come to a solution.
Basically, the deal is this: the KO company has not accepted our offer to legitimize their product. Uwe has brought a quantity of the product for resale on his website. He will apply a sticker with my signature and his logo on it to the puzzles to mark that they are legitimate. Currently the only legitimate puzzles for which I will be paid my royalties are the ones sold through Mefferts (I hear Now Store will also offer them).

Click here to buy a BLACK Curvy Copter puzzle from Mefferts for just $18 with worldwide free shipping

Click here to buy a WHITE Curvy Copter puzzle from Mefferts for just $18 with worldwide free shipping

Click here to buy a TWIN set of WHITE and BLACK Curvy Copter puzzle from Mefferts for just $34 with worldwide free shipping

This is a picture of the actual puzzles. The logo is photoshopped but we'll have professional photos taken of the puzzles with the real labels within a few days.

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

Last edited by TomZ on Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Curvy Copters now available at Mefferts!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:27 pm 

It's a shame that the company didn't agree to legitimize it, but I will be buying one of these official (Right terminology? ) puzzles as long as they don't sell out before I get a chance :lol:.

I have one question, Is the solving and jumbling the same as a normal Helicopter Cube except for the addition of the edges?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:38 pm 

You can place the corners and faces the same way but orienting the edges takes a new strategy. It definitely adds some extra challenge to it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:46 pm 

ORDERED! D:

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:58 pm 

Very cool. I must buy one of these!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:15 pm 

TomZ, thanks for your brillant design. ^^
I am happy to carry the curvy copter with your legitimate logo stickers.

- from Hong Kong

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:22 pm 

Just picked one up! Thanks, Tom - looking forward to getting your "follow on puzzles" which are coming up! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:25 pm 

Location: The land of dreams, coincedentally located in Alberta
I'm super glad you got everything worked out, I wish you success and vast amounts of money!

I just ordered a normal Helicopter Cube, so I'll probably be adding this to my birthday list when that arrives.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:37 pm 

will be buying one!!!!

4x4:29.29/33.53

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:43 pm 

Just ordered white and black cubes. Thanks Tom and Uwe!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:49 pm 

Wow! What a great price! Does anyone know if this will be a limited time offer? Thanks Tom and Uwe! :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:55 pm 

And I just ordered one!
This will be a challenge, I don't even know how to solve my normal helicopter cube.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:00 pm 

Beautiful, congratulations, Tom,

PS. Ask Uwe if they can supply the black base with flat metallic stickers, like the ones on my avatar but not domed. Then it really will look like a beautiful stained glass window, especially when scrambled. :D

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:12 pm 

Yay! I'm ordering a few of these this week. I'm glad this has been sorted. :)

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:22 pm 

I will allso be buying this awosme cube very soon.

But why did they not call it the "magic butterfly magic cube" JK JK

Thank you for sharing.

2x2 2.81 sec
3x3 7.14 sec
4x4 1.20.37
5x5 2.26.47
pyraminx 2.12 sec
magic 1.01 sec
master magic 3.13 sec
Gear cube 4.47 sec

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:38 pm 

Congratulations Tom! Its about time Uwe mass produces one of your creations.

Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:47 pm 

I'm dying to ask... does this mean the Curvy Copter Plus is likely to see mass production too? The one in TomZ's avatar pic.

If so I suspect you can't say... but how about this... would your shapeways printed Curvy Copter Plus pieces work on the mass produced Curvy Copter core. If so you might consider offering a kit to turn the mass produced Curvy Copter into a Curvy Copter Plus.

Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:52 pm 

wwwmwww wrote:
If so I suspect you can't say... but how about this... would your shapeways printed Curvy Copter Plus pieces work on the mass produced Curvy Copter core. If so you might consider offering a kit to turn the mass produced Curvy Copter into a Curvy Copter Plus.
I don't know. I certainly hope the KO company is not planning anything.
I am not sure if the two would be interchangeable as I don't have a copy yet. It's going to be tricky, because the Curvy Copter Plus needs quite specific cuts to work (it is, for example, impossible to make a Curvy Copter Plus based on the 3D printed Curvy Copter). Again, I don't have a copy of the mass produced Curvy Copter so I have no idea of how their mechanism looks but I guess they would have had to make some changes for molding.

Last edited by TomZ on Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:17 pm 

Bought the black & white Curvy Copters. Great puzzle Tom, I hope that you make some money from this. Hulk want more :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:32 pm 

TomZ wrote:
I don't know. I certainly hope LanLan is not planning anything.
Me too... but I was hoping that Meffert's might be. In his Puzzle News as of Jul 26. 2011 mass mailing I saw he stated:
Quote:
As we had already negotiated for Meffert’s to make this beautiful puzzle and the copyright has been transferred to Uwe Meffert, I am making an all out effort to defend Tom’s copyright in China and also bringing some of his great follow on puzzles to the market place before Christmas.
I'm sure you can't comment on the "follow on puzzles" which he mentions but I was really hoping the Curvy Copter Plus would be one of them.

By the way, is the Unbandaged Helicopter cube which Eric Vergo credits you for the original idea a Curvy Copter Plus without the curvy cuts? Or is there something else going on there? Trying not to get too far off topic here... just curious as I wondered over to Eric's Shapeways shop today.

Carl

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:35 pm 

That has been a quick action by Uwe! As one of the first buyers of the Shapeways version, I have fallen in love with this puzzle. Congratulations to both of you. :D :D I have ordered one immediately. If it is technically as good as the one I own, I'll probably buy more as gifts.
As a very non-exclusive person and collector, I'm glad that this puzzle is now available to many at a non-exclusive price! :D

I really hope for more puzzles as an outcome of your cooperation with Uwe.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:46 pm 

Yeah plastic I ordered 4 as usually. I've been waiting for a long time for these to be plastic.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:56 pm 

wwwmwww wrote:
By the way, is the Unbandaged Helicopter cube which Eric Vergo credits you for the original idea a Curvy Copter Plus without the curvy cuts? Or is there something else going on there? Trying not to get too far off topic here... just curious as I wondered over to Eric's Shapeways shop today.

Carl

Yes, that's exactly right Carl. To be completely honest, from the moment I saw the "unbandaging" of a jumbling puzzle technique on Oskar's Meteor Madness I realized that an Unbandaged Helicopter Cube was possible and wanted to sell a physical version. Each inner face piece would have to be cut in half on a very specific plane at a somewhat unusual angle. (Interestingly, this cut is not visible from the surface which is why the helicopter cube and Eric Vergo's Unbandaged Helicopter Cube look identical from the exterior. It is entirely possible to simply design the resulting two pieces in CAD and have them printed and then just replace each face piece in a factory helicopter cube by hand, resulting in exactly what you suggested - a kit that could convert a standard Helicopter Cube into an Unbandaged Helicopter Cube. Seeing as both the curvy and planar cut versions have been made, I guess it's a little late for that :lol: But yes it is possible to design pieces that would convert a curvy copter or ordinary helicopter cube into the unbandaged counterpart that would be much cheaper than redesigning the whole puzzle (hintity-hint-hint puzzle designers!). I guess the tricky part would be matching the mechanism of a physical puzzle that you don't have a CAD file for.

Peace,
Matt Galla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 8:03 pm 

Ordered a couple black ones.
Glad to support the cause of puzzle legitimacy!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:13 am 

I need more money to spend on puzzles....

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:23 am 

[off-topic]
IlTallDude wrote:
I need more money to spend on puzzles....

I hear that!
[/off-topic]

It's great that this is mass-produced, and great that Tom is getting his much deserved rewarded for his hard work. This is one of the many things that proves how great of a person Uwe is.

Transsexual and Proud!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:56 am 

This doesn’t seem like a victory for TomZ but instead just making the best of an unfortunate situation. If I’m reading things right my understanding of the events are as follows:

- TomZ gave Meffert’s permission to produce the puzzle but no prototypes or molds have been made yet so it would be a little while before it would be ready for market.

- In the meantime an [unnamed] KO company (lets call them “KOC”) went ahead on their own and made a mass production version based on TomZ’s 3D printed version either by just looking at the pictures of it or maybe actually purchasing one to use as an example.

- TomZ and Uwe approached KOC stating that this puzzle design belongs to TomZ and that he should get some royalties for it. KOC refused.

- Meffert’s then purchased a number of puzzles from KOC and are reselling them on their own web site and through HK Now Store in order to give TomZ the royalties he deserves. The only notable difference is the addition of the “TomZ” sticker.

- Meffert’s is no longer going to produce the version of the puzzle they would have made so the best we’ll get is the one manufactured by KOC which may not be as high of quality as what Meffert’s would have made.

- KOC will continue to sell the puzzle on their own with no royalties to TomZ.

I really hope this doesn’t prevent TomZ from working with Meffert’s on other puzzles as I really want to own nice high quality mass produced versions of a lot of his puzzles.

Anyway, I have one ordered now and can’t wait to get it :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:53 am 

Volitar Prime wrote:
This doesn’t seem like a victory for TomZ but instead just making the best of an unfortunate situation. If I’m reading things right my understanding of the events are as follows:

- TomZ gave Meffert’s permission to produce the puzzle but no prototypes or molds have been made yet so it would be a little while before it would be ready for market.

- In the meantime an [unnamed] KO company (lets call them “KOC”) went ahead on their own and made a mass production version based on TomZ’s 3D printed version either by just looking at the pictures of it or maybe actually purchasing one to use as an example.

- TomZ and Uwe approached KOC stating that this puzzle design belongs to TomZ and that he should get some royalties for it. KOC refused.

- Meffert’s then purchased a number of puzzles from KOC and are reselling them on their own web site and through HK Now Store in order to give TomZ the royalties he deserves. The only notable difference is the addition of the “TomZ” sticker.

- Meffert’s is no longer going to produce the version of the puzzle they would have made so the best we’ll get is the one manufactured by KOC which may not be as high of quality as what Meffert’s would have made.

- KOC will continue to sell the puzzle on their own with no royalties to TomZ.

I really hope this doesn’t prevent TomZ from working with Meffert’s on other puzzles as I really want to own nice high quality mass produced versions of a lot of his puzzles.

Anyway, I have one ordered now and can’t wait to get it :)
I'm pretty sure this part went
- KOC made a mass production Curvy Helicopter without TomZ's permission.
- TomZ and Meffert contacted and they refused to give royalities
- on like you said.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:11 am 

Well, this is not quite the correct story.

- Konrad got me in touch with Uwe about producing the Curvy Copter. Uwe was very optimistic and it seemed to me he was going to produce it for certain. I had already sent him the design.
- Another forum member informed me that at the MF8 forum there was a picture of a MP Curvy Copter, this was within a few days of the first mention of mass production so the KOC must have already been working on it for some time.
- I sent Uwe an email asking for his help to fight the KO Curvy Copter.
- Uwe gave me a call to discuss mass production of the Curvy Copter (what core to use and such). When I told him about the KO and the emails I sent he said "Yeah, I just heard about the KO too but I didn't want to tell you yet as that would be a shock".
- We talked for another hour and I gave Uwe official permission to act on my behalf.
- Uwe got to work and registered the Curvy Copter with the copyright office. I had to send him 9 pictures for this (a picture of each face, then 2 left/right views and one isometric view).
- Uwe also needed a physical sample and he needed it fast, so he paid for FedEx priority service who picked up a sample from me on Monday and delivered it two days later.
- Uwe contacted the KOC telling them what they were doing was wrong and that they needed to sign a license agreement.
- The license agreement (7% royalty for me, 3% royalty to Uwe's legal fund) would involve them putting on the TomZ labels. The labels would be supplied by Uwe so we would know exactly how many they sold and how much money was due. Uwe also mentioned in his letter that if they didn't cooperate, he would sue them and claim damages and legal fees and such
- KOC responded saying they were sorry and they would do anything to make it right.
- KOC contacted me saying they had "accidentally" copied the CC and if they could take out a license from me.
- I told the KOC to negotiate with Uwe and that they should not contact me, they tried again, saying that my license to Uwe was not exclusive and that I should just deal with them directly. I told them that I would not work with them directly because they were lying (the product was already for sale from some websites). I never got any response.
- The KOC did not meet Uwe's deadline for singing the license agreement.
- Uwe should receive copyright certificates in a few days and will then launch the lawsuit against KOC.
- Uwe purchased some Curvy Copters (not directly from KOC but from a reseller) and had some TomZ labels printed. These rebranded puzzles he is now offering.
- Uwe launched DCMA complaints with PayPal, Ebay, Taobao and hosting companies regarding websites selling fake Curvy Copters. This has resulted in various sites taking down the product (Cube4You stopped selling them, the site which called them "Magic Butterfly Cubes" has taken them down and will refund any orders).

I think from this it's quite clear that Uwe is not sparing any expense to fight the KOC and I must say, he's been quite successful. This story also shows how the KOC is slippery as an eel. Even though they were negotiating with Uwe about licensing the CC, they were also trying to go through the back door and asking me for a license at the same time (probably trying to avoid Uwe who knows all the tricks of the trade and hoping that I would make some mistake and give a "license" for free).

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:13 am 

Wow, you've really been through the ringer with these guys! Someone should make a film about this.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:56 am 

Tom, with all the bad that had happened already, this is a wonderful story that shows Uwe's persistence in protecting your rights and that the KO producers can be cut off their distribution channels. Thank you for sharing.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:41 am 

TomZ wrote:
- KOC contacted me saying they had "accidentally" copied the CC and if they could take out a license from me.
This step seems telling... How did they contact you? I assume Uwe didn't give them your contact information. If they knew to come here to Twisty Puzzles to contact you via PM or through your Shapeways shop it seems they MUST have had prior knowledge of your Curvy Copter. That pretty well shots their "accidentally" argument in the foot.

Carl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:01 am 

Their email said "Our desinger saw one kind of cube from website,we using our own idea to make a new cube and produce.". I'm not sure what to make of that, I guess it means they saw a picture of a Curvy Copter somewhere and then made their own mechanism. Which, even if they did, does not make it okay.
They said they sent a sample to somebody in Taiwan and he told them the design was mine. At this point Uwe had already been talking to them for a day or two so the story about the Taiwanese friend is probably made up. Or at least it is dishonest to mention him but not mention Uwe who had specifically told them he was working on my behalf.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:42 am 

I hope they get their pants sued off! There was another company still selling the 9x9x9 and 11x11x11 Cubes too, which have international V-Cube patents. I'm not aware of any patents regarding your puzzles, but if the KOCs (I'm assuming KOC stands for "Knock Off Company") can get away with copying a patented mechanism, it seems they can get away with anything. :x

Last edited by stardust4ever on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 am 

My normal Helicopter Cube arrived yesterday, and after playing around with it it's probably in my top 5 of puzzles. So the Curvy Copter is definitely going on my birthday list, and due to the excellent price I have a really good chance of getting it! :D

The turns you showed in the OP look really elegant, although how come it costs less than the normal Helicopter when it has more parts? :?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:44 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
I hope they get sued. There was another company still selling the 9x9x9 and 11x11x11 Cubes too, which have international V-Cube patents. I'm not aware of any patents regarding your puzzles, but if the KOCs (I'm assuming KOC stands for "Knock Off Company") can get away with copying a patented mechanism, it seems they can get away with anything. :x

I don't think they did get away with it. Those big cubes seem to have dropped out of existence, but 4 months ago they were still on eBay. I can only assume they were sued by Verdes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:45 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
I hope they get their pants sued off! There was another company still selling the 9x9x9 and 11x11x11 Cubes too, which have international V-Cube patents. I'm not aware of any patents regarding your puzzles, but if the KOCs (I'm assuming KOC stands for "Knock Off Company") can get away with copying a patented mechanism, it seems they can get away with anything. :x

Keep in mind that V-CUBEs don't have a patent in China, only a pending one. Therefore the puzzles were legal in China.

The puzzle actually has the exact same number of parts. The reason why they're cheaper is because... well, it's China. They can make anything cheaper.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:47 am 

GoombaGeek wrote:
My normal Helicopter Cube arrived yesterday, and after playing around with it it's probably in my top 5 of puzzles. So the Curvy Copter is definitely going on my birthday list, and due to the excellent price I have a really good chance of getting it! :D

The turns you showed in the OP look really elegant, although how come it costs less than the normal Helicopter when it has more parts? :?

The original mass produced helicopter cube was made and sold by io, and he'd never done any mass production before. Lots of trial and error, lots of time, lots of money, and of course great quality material went into them. These were produced by an experienced plant, with next to no research needing done for the parts. The internals should be fairly similar to the helicopter cube, and may even use the same core as the mass produced helicopter cube (speculation, but that's the most expensive to design and make AFAIK)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:48 am 

GoombaGeek wrote:

There are no more parts than on the helicopter cube, it's just on the heli, the centers are hidden... Oh and about the price, the 18$ was fixed by a puzzle specialized company, while the helicopter was made by a particular person through a molding company (i think), hense the higher costs[code][/code]

My Website on Twisty Puzzles with Gears

Grégoire Pfennig

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:49 am 

I could be wrong, buy I believe the number of parts is the same. The original helicopter cube had hidden pyramid-shaped rotating edges including caps, and the Curvy Copter v1 has exposed rotating capped edges. I also assume that each puzzle also has one core, 8 corners, 24 center triangles, and 12 screw/spring sets, so the part numbers should be the same, however the low-ball price tag seems strange given how I imagine that the Curvy Copter injection molds would likely cost more to build due to the geometry.

EDIT: The guys above me beat me to the punch regarding parts numbers! :P

Last edited by stardust4ever on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:50 am 

RubixFreakGreg wrote:
GoombaGeek wrote:

There are no more parts than on the helicopter cube, it's just on the heli, the centers are hidden... Oh and about the price, the 18$ was fixed by a puzzle specialized company, while the helicopter was made by a particular person through a molding company (i think), hense the higher costs[code][/code]

I've actually disassembled my heli already, should have figured that out... :x

So the little rhombi in the middle are just exposed and stickered? Awesome. And is every helicopter cube available from that specific production run?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:55 am 

I am waiting for a review on these thingies before I buy one. Do the curved surfaces allow it to turn more smoothly than the original Helicopter? With the original, the sharp corners would occasionally bind together due to the flatness of the design, despite beveling. I believe both varieties are beautiful and have merit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:57 am 

GoombaGeek wrote:
RubixFreakGreg wrote:
GoombaGeek wrote:

I've actually disassembled my heli already, should have figured that out... :x

So the little rhombi in the middle are just exposed and stickered? Awesome. And is every helicopter cube available from that specific production run?

There were KO helicopter cubes made, I believe. The best place to get them would be from Zane, Puzzlemaster.ca, or HKNow store. Those should all be legit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:58 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
I am waiting for a review on these thingies before I buy one. Do the curved surfaces allow it to turn more smoothly than the original Helicopter? With the original, the sharp corners would occasionally bind together due to the flatness of the design, despite beveling. I believe both varieties are beautiful and have merit.

I've discovered that the original can jumble into a spiky ball of finger-pinching. The curviness of the Curvy Copter may prevent that.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:01 pm 

GoombaGeek wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:

I've discovered that the original can jumble into a spiky ball of finger-pinching. The curviness of the Curvy Copter may prevent that.

Both can jumble. The curvy has all the same moves as the regular, you can tell the orientation of the usually hidden edge/center. Also, I'm waiting to find out if it's possible to make this a curvy plus copter by making my own parts for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:03 pm 

theVDude wrote:
GoombaGeek wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:

Both can jumble. The curvy has all the same moves as the regular, you can tell the orientation of the usually hidden edge/center.

I meant it may not be as dangerous to hold while jumbled due to the more relaxed cuts. Although I have yet to see a jumbled Curvy Copter, can somebody upload a picture of one?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:04 pm 

GoombaGeek wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:

One awkward situation that can occur with Jumbling on the classic Helicopter Cube, is that you get an edge with a pair of misaligned triangle points sticking out in opposite directions. If two adjacent edges get this same configuration, then the pointy tips will press together, causing the two adjacent edges to act almost like a pair of gears, rotating against each other. The resulting overlap effect can really bind the puzzle up. :scrambled:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:07 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
GoombaGeek wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:

One awkward situation that can occur with Jumbling, is that you get an edge with a pair of misaligned triangle points sticking out in opposite directions. If two adjacent edges get this same configuration, then the pointy tips will press together, causing the two adjacent edges to act almost like a pair of gears, rotating against each other. The resulting overlap effect can really bind the puzzle up. :scrambled:

I tried making a Helicopter Mezon but botched the directions. I was left with only one free edge that I could turn. That was about 5 minutes before I took it apart :lol:

Well, now I understand the mechanism properly :D

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:11 pm 

GoombaGeek wrote:
[...]

I tried making a Helicopter Mezon but botched the directions. I was left with only one free edge that I could turn. That was about 5 minutes before I took it apart :lol:

Well, now I understand the mechanism properly :D
I remember when it took me quite a while to achieve the Mezon state (albeit with the colors fully scrambled). When I finally achieved the victorious position, I laid the cube to rest for a while. Sadly, I never got around to posting it on Twsitypuzzles, so someone else got the credit for first discovering it. I would love to see what the curvy copter would look like in this position. :solved:

Last edited by stardust4ever on Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:11 pm 

Actually, the low price was probably to beat the KO. And... if that's the case, it worked! A $18 price tag is difficult to complain about, especially when you get something like the Curvy Copter.

This may seem random, but this just hit me while I was browsing around the forums, so I posted it. :P