Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Starminx owner survey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:01 am 

Some people have reported that their Starminxes don't turn well. I am very puzzled by this, as my original puzzle turns very well. It still catches sometimes but it's very acceptable. However, other Starminxes lock up on nearly every turn and are prone to flying apart.

On one Starminx I'm building myself I've managed to strip out a few core holes and breaking/stripping is very rare with a material strong as WSF. I have also noticed that compared to my puzzle, the parts are far more flexible.

I would like to find out, if you own a Starminx, if yours has any issues or if it turns well. Please take into account when responding that SLS puzzles do need to be broken in and that my original puzzle has been lubricated to turn as well as it does, but if your puzzle is downright unacceptable I need to know.

Thank you.

Buy my mass produced puzzles at Mefferts:
- 4x4x6 Cuboid for just $38
- Curvy Copter for just $18
- 3x4x5 Cuboid for just $34

Post subject: Re: Starminx owner survey
PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:22 am 

I might have said that mine doesn't turn well, but it is due to absolutely zero breaking-in time, not the design or the print. I probably also have mine too loose (screw wise). I hope to do some more tuning on mine this weekend, and will comment again after I work on mine a bit more.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:56 am 

First I want to state that I like the puzzle and hope to have a decently turning sample at the end of the story! :)

I have contacted Tom via PM and have filed a complaint at Shapeways.
This is the story, so far:
I have assembled it out of the box, lubricated it with the silicone spray I have used very successfully on many WSF/BSF puzzles before. At this stage, I could hardly turn it at all.
I have played with the tension of the screws, but this has not had much influence.
I have disassembled all outer pieces (102!), cleansed them with hot soap water and assembled the puzzle again.
I did not disassemble the inner ball mechanism, though, because after cleansing and fresh lubrication it turned very well on its own.
The puzzle has much improved since (I have invested at least 1000 breaking in moves since my cleansing action), but it is in no way close to Tom's. My puzzle does catch very often and I'm getting occasional pops. But that can be easily corrected. Luckily, it can not explode :D :D :D and I'm very familiar already with the beauty of the inner mechanism.
Tom has shown a video to me that proves his earlier statements about the puzzle completely correct. :)

I would describe my puzzle in one sentence: It is too tight and too loose at once :lol:
My guess is, that the tiny tips of the star are a tiny bit too small and the edges are a tiny bit too big.

I can not exclude completely, that another 3000 breaking in moves will bring it to a decent turning quality. :roll:

I hope this can be sorted out with Shapeways.
On the other hand, looking at the pieces at arrival time, nothing seemed wrong at all.

I'll post here again, when I get a resolution.
EDIT: BTW, when I did that washing action, I made the observation that some pieces did swim others not. As everything is made out of the same material, and there are no holes, this seemed strange to me.
Does this make sense to anybody?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:02 pm 

As you already know, Tom, I had really some problems with the turning in the beginning, too. But now I am at a state where I am really happy with the mechanism and I think it is nearly at the stage of Tom's DCD sample.
What did I do?

After the first assembly (without glueing the center caps of course) I found that the puzzle was definitely too loose, because the screws I used were a little bit too long. So I disassembled it again. Because it was not possible to find washers small enough for the holes and I was too lazy to cut all the screws, I found a solution for me: I made small rings from tin solder (very flexible metal and thick enough) and put them around the screws. Reassembly #1.

After that I made the same experience as Konrad: It merely turned at all. So I loosed the screws. As a consequence I had a lot of pops when I started the breaking in. I found, that the problem of popping pieces is mainly caused by too loose screws. The tighter the puzzle is, the better it turned. I disassembled (#2) and cleaned it (no, I didn't condemn the Starminx to water boarding, just dry cleaning). A lot of small black pieces fell off. At that time I already had spent some hours on breaking in.

After reassembling (#3), I lubed the mech with silicone spray. That is easy if you spray the silicone through the holes of the center pieces. Then I found that some of the screws had become too loose after all, because the metal screws had widened the core holes too much. So: Re-disassemby #3 , put some small paper pieces into the holes and assembled (#4) it again. More breaking in and repeated lubing (improves the mech a lot!).

Stickered all the pieces, including the still not yet glued center caps. But still several pops. Finally I found out why that happened: I was too dumb and had inserted the middle pieces upside down. The flat side must be at the outside of course, otherwise the caps don't fit. Changed that and found that this solved all my problems.

Glued the caps and have a really very well turning puzzle now, which has no pops and only rarely some lock-ups. Hint: Be very careful with the screws, turn them as tight as possible, but ensure that they overall tension is more or less the same on all sides. Then you will get a really nice working puzzle.

If you need more details on my experiences, contact me :) I think I tried out all possible errors :lol: but Tom's design is definitely not to blame and now I can also say, that the pieces I got from Shapeways have been printed correctly. Beside silicone and the right screw tension the most important factor was patience and engagement: during the breaking in I rubbed off some skin from my right thumb. But it's really worth it!

Good luck - Frank

Link to my website: Frank's Puzzle Library
Please use puzzles@tiex.de to contact me. I disabled PMs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:51 pm 

I stripped the core on one hole, lost a couple of the little triangle pieces on the corners, and broke a megaminx edge, and the puzzle still turns fine. It's very stable, and after breaking in and some tensioning, rarely pops. However, one question: Why are the aforementioned "little triangle pieces" not connected to the Megaminx/ pyraminx crystal corners? Aren't they the same part? Out of all the parts, they're the ones I've had the most trouble with.

Overall, though, it's an incredible design, from every angle you look at it. I mean, I have a BROKEN EDGE and it turns perfectly! :lol:

PS: the edge breaking was totally my fault. I was forcing the parts in too much for even WSF to handle.

PB: At home (In Competition)
2x2 1.xx (2.88)
3x3 11.xx (15.81)
4x4 1:18.26 (1:24.63)
5x5 (3:00.02)
6x6 4:26.05 (6:34.68)
7x7 6:38.74 (9:48.81)
OH (35.63)

Current Goals:
7x7 sub 6:30
4x4 sub 1:10

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:04 pm 

Frank Tiex wrote:
...most important factor was patience and engagement: during the breaking in I rubbed off some skin from my right thumb. But it's really worth it!

Good luck - Frank
Thanks Frank. That encourages me a lot! I'll look for a decent movie on the TV tonight, to continue braking in. :)
It would be interesting to learn from Tom, how much breaking in his wonderfully turning Starminx needed!
Maybe, there are tiny diiferences at Shapeways, and some puzzles need more breaking in than others?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:17 pm 

Frank Tiex wrote:
... put some small paper pieces into the holes and assembled (#4) it again. ...Frank
Sorry for the double post, but I would like to know, Frank, what is the idea behind "some small paper pieces into the holes "? :?: Just, because you didn't want to glue on the caps at this stage?

EDIT: I want to thank Tom for making this thread. :) It encourages a lot, hearing other people problems and that they have been able to overcome them.

EDIT2: What I really like best about this puzzle during this tedious breaking in phase is, that it feels really stable all the time. Even when I get a pop or pieces catch, it is not a big deal pushing things back and continue.
(I may feel different in the middle of a move sequence, though :) I'll put on stickers only, when the little beast turns smoothly.) I have never had that dangerous feeling that the whole thing could explode :)
(I have not found a nice movie on TV, so I have added another 1000 moves only.)

Last edited by Konrad on Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:25 pm 

No, I wanted to get the holes tighter again, without glueing the screws, so that I still can adjust them. This is not about the caps, but the holes in the core. Sorry for being unexact.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:07 am 

A question to other owners:

When I push two edges at a corner of the dodecahedron slightly to the side, I'll get gaps. They seem huge to me and the triangular star tip can fall out easily:

Is it the same for your puzzles?

EDIT: If I will ever disassemble it again, I'll only remove the outer pieces. I can do that without any problems.
The inner ball mechanism is tight - due to the pretty tight tension of the screws - but turns very smoothly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:28 am 

I am getting exactly that on my "bad" Starminx: push down on an edge and gaps open up. On my good Starminx however, it's impossible to create such gaps. If you push down on an edge the puzzle just turns, if you hold the puzzle in place so it doesn't turn the edge can be pushed away but it just pops back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:46 am 

With some pressure I on the edges I can create gaps like these, but the pieces move back into their original position as soon as I release them.

My assumption: Screws are too loose.
If you come into problems with turning afterwards, more breaking in and lubing (!) will probably help.

P.S.:
Difficult to see: Do you have the small inner triangular pieces in place?
They are quite important for stabilization.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:57 am 

There is one issue, which can be seen very well on Konrad's picture:
The surface on some of the triangular outer pieces (5 or 6 of my puzzle)
have not a plain surface but some lines on them from printing.
I can identify at least two such pieces on the picture: one on in the upper left and another one in the lower left pentagon.

This might be either a production problem or these pieces have a very unlucky orientation in the printing template, which gives them a suboptimal angle for the printing process.

Not a problem for the mechanism, but for attaching the stickers.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:53 am 

Frank Tiex wrote:
With some pressure I on the edges I can create gaps like these, but the pieces move back into their original position as soon as I release them.

My assumption: Screws are too loose.
My pieces do not move back!My screws are pretty tight, the inner ball is tight and could not be tighter, but moves smoothly. I'll tighten the screws more later today.
Frank Tiex wrote:
If you come into problems with turning afterwards, more breaking in and lubing (!) will probably help.
It seems to me that I've sprayed half a bottle of silicone on it, already :lol: Where does all that stuff go?
Frank Tiex wrote:
P.S.:
Difficult to see: Do you have the small inner triangular pieces in place?
They are quite important for stabilization.
You mean the little pyramids that go under the corners of the dodecahedron, right? I have talked to Tom about them, but he said they are not needed and are an optical thing only. Therefore, I have left them out during breaking in. They had popped all the time.
Frank Tiex wrote:
There is one issue, which can be seen very well on Konrad's picture:
The surface on some of the triangular outer pieces (5 or 6 of my puzzle)
have not a plain surface but some lines on them from printing.
...Not a problem for the mechanism, but for attaching the stickers.
Yeah, that's right. I have pointed that out in my complaint at Shapeways. It is not a big problem, but might be an indicator that something had been wrong withh the production process.
TomZ wrote:
I am getting exactly that on my "bad" Starminx: push down on an edge and gaps open up. On my good Starminx however, it's impossible to create such gaps. If you push down on an edge the puzzle just turns, if you hold the puzzle in place so it doesn't turn the edge can be pushed away but it just pops back.
This is very interesting. I may be looking at a production problem after all. Could you show the difference between "good" and "bad" Starminx in a video to Shapeways?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:35 am 

I have the same problem as konsassen. The gaps open up when I turn it. The screws are tight. It seems to me it would otherwise turn smooth if those gaps didn't open up and the star point pieces get caught on the little pyramid pieces. I also have those lines on the surface of the star point pieces too.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:50 pm 

I've made a video comparing my two Starminxes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2CZduoG8E

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:14 pm 

I'm going out on a limb here, but has anyone with a "bad" puzzle tried using springs along with screws?

Transsexual and Proud!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:20 pm 

Both my good and my bad puzzle are built with springs.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:26 pm 

Oh. Well, there goes that theory.

Transsexual and Proud!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:28 pm 

TomZ wrote:
I've made a video comparing my two Starminxes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No2CZduoG8E
Thank you for the video. You should make that available to Shapeways. It is such a big difference.
My start situation had been much worse than your "bad" Starminx. Actually, MUCH worse. Now after spending more silicone spray on this puzzle than on any other puzzle and probably 3000 breaking in moves, I'm a little bit better than your "bad". But your "good" should be the target. :)
Now, the question is, where does the difference come from?
I think you have used the same screws,washers and springs at the same tension, Tom?
I assume that the difference comes from tiny differences regarding the measurements of the pieces.
BIG question: Are those differences within the tolerances specified by Shapeways?
Could it be that the differences between "good" and "bad" are so small, that a day to day difference of the printing makes a"good" or "bad" puzzle? Is it sheer luck to get a good puuzle"? That would be bad! :lol:

My current situation is:
I have disassembled the outer pieces the second time, have tightened the screws as much as possible. (BTW, I've got the screws, washers and springs from Tom. So, I assume that they are the same as in its good puzzle.) It has made a small, but recognizable difference. I have done more breaking in and I'm not far away from "acceptable", still it is a far way to Tom's "good" puzzle.
I have given the puzzle to my son, who is familiar with mass produced puzzles. He could hardly turn a face.
(I'm one of those who have always said that a C4U Gigaminx turns quite OK. My current Starminx is a bit worse than my Gigaminx :roll: So, higher expectations are not satisfied)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:07 pm 

According to the most recent statement I have from Shapeways, each surface has a tolerance of +/-0.2mm. That does not seem true, consider the situation where the puzzle grips together. There you've got a protruding bit held between two other pieces. In that case, the clearance could vary by as much as 0.8mm (2x0.2 for the protruding bit (it has two sides) and 0.2 for each of the two pieces that are around it.
In my design I leave a clearance of 0.2mm. So if models could be off by that much, then none of my puzzles should fit together (unless I've had some crazy luck).

I am very unsure about how this has happened. The SLS process is quite sensitive to temperature and moisture (my original was printed in the autumn, while the others were made in the winter). In any case, the video should be evidence for Shapeways. Either their response will be "sorry, we can't accurately produce these - here's your money back" or "okay, we'll try again" (or "sod off, you probably made a mistake" - but that's unlikely).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:27 pm 

Good luck to everyone, I hope Shapeways sorts this out! :D

(btw- I have one of those orientation problems with the texture of a few of my triangle pieces. I think a bit of sanding/polishing will take care of it, though.)

2x2 1.xx (2.88)
3x3 11.xx (15.81)
OH (35.63)

Current Goals:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:32 pm 

Yes, the orientation thing is a pity but there's nothing you can do about that. One of the terms of Shapeway's service is that they're free to choose orientation as they want (so they can optimize the process and offer low prices).

Kapusta, am I right you've at least got a good turning puzzle? That's good news, since then Shapeways has been capable to produce more than one good puzzle.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:36 pm 

Yes, mine is at a good tension and turns quite smoothly. None of the parts are incredibly loose.

2x2 1.xx (2.88)
3x3 11.xx (15.81)
OH (35.63)

Current Goals:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:13 pm 

I have been following this thread pretty closely, as I have purchased but not yet assembled the starminx I purchased. As there have been both good and bad turnouts, I just wanted to get a general idea from y'all as to what the best method of assembly would be.

I'm pretty sure everyone is in agreement that washing excess powder is good :lol: so I think I'll begin by soaking all the pieces is warm, soapy water and drying them off.

Once all the pieces are dry, should I do a precoat of silicone spray on all of them? Should I polish them? Or should I assemble them right away?

I have not yet looked at the pieces, but if I understand correctly, there is an internal core that is constructed and held by screws. I should use screws, springs, and washers, correct? And I should tighten it up as much as possible, right?

Once the entire puzzle is assembled, I should spray more silicone spray and break it in for a few hours if I'm correct.

Is there anything I left out? Anything I should do in a different order or not do at all?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm hoping to end up with a puzzle that turns as well as Tom's DCD version *crosses fingers*

Thanks for all the help!

Chris

John F. Kennedy said: "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." One of those other things may have been building the 17x17x17.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:18 pm 

I think I would do the following: Assemble, break in, wash, lube, reassemble.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:25 pm 

Holler when you guys get the problem fixed. I got to have these puzzles.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:39 am 

@cjgerik: Regarding the assembly, I would start with the inner ball mechanism and plug in the outer pieces at the very end. At least on my puzzle, it is extremely easy to disassemble and reassemble the outer pieces only, while assembling everything at once (as I have done in my first assembly), makes things difficult towards the end.

EDIT:
Kapusta wrote:
...(btw- I have one of those orientation problems with the texture of a few of my triangle pieces. I think a bit of sanding/polishing will take care of it, though.)
If you have got a black puzzle (BSF), you have to be careful with the sanding. I have sanded those triangular pieces (I had 8 of them. Seems that varying puzzles have the same number of rough pieces. Odd) and when I made one really smooth, the white came through. I have repainted them with a permanent marker pen. I would not sand the surface as a whole, but those triangles only, where it is needed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:54 pm 

Konsassen, do you mind if I ask how you sanded those pieces? Did you actually sand them, with sandpaper, or did you smooth them out using a different method? And thanks for the tips, I'll assemble the inner core first and then the outside.

John F. Kennedy said: "We choose to go to the Moon in this decade and do other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard." One of those other things may have been building the 17x17x17.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:39 pm 

cjgerik wrote:
Konsassen, do you mind if I ask how you sanded those pieces? Did you actually sand them, with sandpaper, or did you smooth them out using a different method? And thanks for the tips, I'll assemble the inner core first and then the outside.
Yes, I have used sandpaper for the very rough pieces (with the grooves on the surface) First No 400 then 1000 and 2000. (I do not know if this numbering scheme is international. Probably yes)
Sigurd's paper method (just rubbing the puzzle on a white paper on a table) is not usable for such rough structures, but I have used it for polishing afterwards.
And I used Greg's ironing method very carefully, but I think that there wasn't much superfluous powder left.
But I have not yet put the stickers on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:23 pm 

Okay I have finally received and assembled my starminx puzzle, and so far it is as I have anticipated from these posts. After first assembly straight from the package, it was very rough and almost immoble, but after some time it began to turn. I broke it in, took it apart, and washed all the pieces.

Then, I assembled it again, but since I used different screws this time, it would not turn at all due to the screws impeding movement, it was my mistake :roll:

So I took it apart again, polished every piece by hand using a method of rubbing two pieces together for a minute or two, which took awhile for the entire puzzle :lol: after I was finished, I assembled the inner mechanism and lubricated it with silicone spray. However I had lost two screws, so it is assembled with only ten screws and springs, with the other two centers opposite of each other. I then assembled the rest of the puzzle, and it turns pretty well! The screws are about as tight as they can be, and I've done an estimated 2000+ break in moves on it with no pops whatsoever, so so far I am satisfied.

I plan to disassemble it after another thouand or so moves, wash off all the pieces again, find another two screws and springs, and loosen each one just a tad so it will turn a little more freely. Whenver I do this, hopefully it will be a nice turning puzzle. I just received the stickers yesterday, and I'm dying to put them on, but I can't until I have it functioning as well as it can!

How have the rest of y'alls puzzles turned out?

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:53 pm 

Bump, but I want to write about the happy end of my story:
Konrad wrote:
First I want to state that I like the puzzle and hope to have a decently turning sample at the end of the story! :)

I have contacted Tom via PM and have filed a complaint at Shapeways.
This is the story, so far:
Some time ago I have got a replacement Mini Starminx from Shapeways.
This one has been just perfect from the very beginning.
Today, I have received stickers from Olivér and have put them on.
Here is a picture of the two:
They look almost identical.
As I have no video camera, I can not show the difference, how they turn.
The new one (left on the photo) is great without much breaking in and just normal lubrication.
It is a puzzle as it should be. :D :D :D From the first assembly onwards.
(If you are curious about the history of the right one, look above. I have worked many, many hours on this one and I can turn it now. Just to give you an idea, how the effort for the two compares : The old one needed roughly 48 hours of work making it playable. The second needed two hours for the assembly - I had a good training :lol: :lol: - and a bit of my good silicone spray to make a great puzzle. If you have read some of my posts in the thread about the Mosaic Cube, you may know that my definition of "playable" is quite modest :lol: :lol: )
Thanks Tom, thanks Shapeways for handling this very generously.
Now I have two Starminx , one for display, one for playing :D :D :D

EDIT: I have started to solve it today. Originially, I had planned to do it in this order: 1. centres 2. edges 3. star tips. Then I got the advice from an expert 1. edges 2. centres 3. little triangles
As there are much more edges than centres, I have accepted the advice.
Thanks Katja :D
Actually, I have to leave it in this state for a while, because I have important things to do. Actually, I should not have started it at all, but I could not resist proving it to myself that I can do it. :wink:
So many pieces!

Last edited by Konrad on Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:03 pm 

Do you know if the difference in the puzzles is due to a change in the files/design? Or is the difference just due to luck of the draw? Thanks!

Chris

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:18 pm 

It is plain luck. My original good Starminx was made from the same files as the other bad and good Starminxes that are out there. So it's a gamble more or less, but I think the printer settings may have something to do with it as well.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:40 pm 

cjgerik wrote:
Do you know if the difference in the puzzles is due to a change in the files/design? Or is the difference just due to luck of the draw? Thanks!

Chris
I couldn't see the tiniest difference between the "good" and the "bad" parts, when I assembled them.
It must be a ridiculous small difference between good and bad.
My old one may have been the worst of the "bad" ones, but even that one could be made playable. :)
Maybe, Shapeways has learnt how to make a better printer setup in this case?

EDIT: I have been a bit too high-spirited and jumped into the adventure solving my "first" Starminx. I have yet to decide if I call this solving or the Crazy Megaminx (Earth) my hardest ever. :lol:
Close to the end of my frist solve, I had a serious pop and have disassembled it again (the fifth time?) and cleaned and lubricated it yet another time.
Hard means in this case: Do not loose the concentratio when you are getting locks and have to look around what the reason is (always a little triangle! :roll: ).
The picture shows my first Starminx close to the solved state. Two more 3-cycles to go.
I have described the chosen methods and the used algorithms here
Somebody has asked me, if I would sell my first Starminx. Definitely no! :wink:
It is a sentimental reason, because I have put in so much work, more than into any other puzzle.
Now it can retire on a shelf! I do not like any puzzles in my house that I have not solved at least once :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 am 

BUMP, but if I had editet my last post, probably, nobody would recognize it.
I have now solved my new (second) Starminx as well. To be honest, the difference is not so impressive, as I had hoped :roll: The new one turns better, still catches a lot when doing real life algorithms.
I believe that my euphoria had come from the fact that the difference between my good and my bad at the very beginning had been huge.
I would be very interested, who has solved a Mini Starminx and thinks that the turning is really good.
Could someone make a video doing some of the sequences I have described here?
I would appreciate it! :)
Anyway, I like the little guys :D :D :D

Last edited by Konrad on Mon May 02, 2011 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:25 pm 

I have solved the mini starminx twice so far, and the turning is okay, not horrible, but not fantastic.
My main algorithm is the standard [L', R, L, R'], and doing this my starminx rarely locks up, and if it does it is very easy to fix.
As far as pops go, I've never had one, solving, breaking in, it just hasn't happened *knocks on wood*. My only trouble with the starminx is the stickers! It seems that every 100 turns, a small sticker will come off, even though I've superglued them on.
I do not have a video camera at this time, but as the turning is less than phenomenal, y'all won't be missing out on much (I'd rate it a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10 for turning).

Chris