Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Vulano and Dayan Gem available on mefferts.com
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 am 

link: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/index.cfm?id=1413484&pageid=87
Quote:
22 Nov. 2010

Subject: Puzzle News as of Nov 22. 2010 - Now available to Pre-Order the --- VULCANO --- and --- DA-YAN GEM ---
Hello All!
The 40th Anniversary since the conception of my Pyraminx is on the 27th of November, 2010 which will be the day we will start to ship the:
Special 40th Anniversary Edition Puzzle named.
----VULCANO----- or ---TRIGNIS---
Order confirmation will start FROM TODAY. If you want one of these amazing puzzles, make sure you confirm by placing your order quickly!
T he perfect Xmas Gift to yourself or someone Special.
In honor of the anniversary of the Pyraminx, Tony Fisher will make our new Meffert’s Puzzles YouTube site live on November 27th. You will be given an update with a YouTube address later on.

To purchase the VULCANO please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=448

If you have enjoyed the Meffert's Pyraminx then the Vulcano designed by Timur Evbatyrov will be even more of a joy to twist. Not only does the Vulcano have all the moves of the Pyraminx, but it also turns on its face. This adds an extra element of unexpected puzzling fun. The Vulcano is not just one Pyraminx, but four!
The fusing of four Pyraminx’s makes this is a truly amazing puzzle that you will not only want to own, but also to give friends to enjoy as well.
the Unique and very Special Mosaic cube
with our Original -Twin 4 Axis core
----- MOSAIC cube -----

To reserve the Mosaic Cube please go direct to: http://mefferts.com/page.php?lang=en&th ... le_release
Once again, we have teamed up with Oskar Van Deventer to bring you another beautiful puzzle. The Mosaic cube is a different twist on puzzling than we have ever brought you before. This puzzle makes simply stunning designs, and is a challenge to solve. Unlike any other puzzle we have produced before, it has a completely new core with eight arms connecting each of the corners. This allows for rotations never before seen in any of our previously released puzzles. This will ship around the 10th of December. The perfect Xmas Gift to yourself or someone Special.

In honor of the anniversary of the Pyraminx, Tony Fisher will make our new Meffert’s Puzzles YouTube site live on November 27th. You will be given an update with a YouTube address later on.
The DaYan Gem

To purchase the Black one please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=449
To purchase the White one please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=450
To purchase the Twins please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=451
To purchase the solid 6 colors one please go direct to: http://sites.webec.com.hk/meffert2/inde ... roduct=452

This is a large size edge turning puzzle that jumbles, available in three colours, black, white with 12 colour stickers and a six colour version. Size 95 x 95 x 81mm

Special Notice:
All our puzzles are covered by Worldwide International Copyright, Patents and Applications. We will take the harshest legal action against anyone copying our puzzles. Claiming the maximum penalty allowed under the new China Patent and Copyright law which came into effect October 9th. 2009 of RMB 1,000,000.00 per infringement.
Free Air-shipping to anywhere in the world where there is a Post Office.
Please Note: that once you receive our auto-responder email acknowledging your payment, that means that your order is being processed and will be shipped promptly, you should receive it usually within two to three weeks. We only send out Tracking numbers if requested, as their main function is to prevent your local Post Man or others from stealing your puzzle.

This mainly applies to Italy where local theft of parcels has been quite common in the last two years. The Hong Kong Post Office only Guarantees delivery to your country but takes no responsibility for the safety of your local Postal delivery.

We are still receiving a lot of orders with incomplete addresses: Your Zip code and Country name must be clearly shown, if your parcel is returned to us due to incomplete / incorrect address we will charge you the second postage fee which in some case can be more than what you paid for your whole puzzle order.
Our Shopping cart is heavily subsidized and designed not to make a profit but hopefully just break even, so any waste like double shipping is not fair to the other puzzlers that are more careful, we hope that you understand.

For any previous Newsletters, please click on the NEWS icon on our Home Page.
Should you wish to be removed from this mailing list; just click "reply" and type "remove" in the subject line. Please make sure that you show clearly the email address you wish to have removed so that we can honor your request.
Or click on the following link: http://www.mefferts.com/newsletter/page ... me=mailing to remove yourself by entering your email address and clicking enter, you may have to copy and paste this complete link into your browser if the hyperlink does not work.
Happy Puzzling
Ulrich and Uwe

Yay, for once I am the first person to post news :mrgreen:

Post subject: Re: Vulano and Dayan Gem available on mefferts.com
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:27 am 

I mentioned this last night. I'll probably buy the Trignis tonight. I also can't wait to see what the YouTube thing from Tony is all about. Of course I have no idea what it's about :wink:.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:47 am 

I've ordered the Trignis immediately. So many new puzzles I'm waiting for :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:17 am 

konsassen wrote:
I've ordered the Trignis immediately. So many new puzzles I'm waiting for :)
So did I. I happened to check my email literally 35 minutes after the date stamp on the newsletter. Sadly, the puzzle has apparently been available on mefferts at least six hours prior, judging by the earliest post that mentioned it.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19471&p=237323&hilit=vulcano#p237323
Not really an issue anymore, but due to a slow email problems in the past, I missed out on the original tiled Black Pyraminx Crystal in 2008 because it was already sold out before the newsletter even hit my inbox. Nabbed the white one immediately upon release and was very happy with it.

I too, grabbed a Vulcano immediately, and will also do the same when Oskar's Mosaic Cube releases.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:28 am 

I got an email saying that the Volcano is available due to me registering for it 9 1/2 hours after the general newsletter was sent out telling everyone to order it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 12:44 pm 

I only got the email this morning about it, even though I posted about it last night.

I too ordered this puzzle. I seriously cannot wait. Well done Shim and Meffert for producing such a beast of a puzzle. :D

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:32 pm 

I ordered mine yesterday (Sunday).

Did you guys get the confirmation email from Mefferts?
I didn't yet, and I'm afraid my order did not register properly.

Regards,
Paulo

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:09 pm 

ppeccin wrote:

Regards,
Paulo

Neither have I.

Unless you're in China, I doubt you were up at the same time as Uwe.

Shipping confirmations are bound to come slowly, as they probably are a little backed up at the moment :D

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:36 pm 

ppeccin wrote:

Regards,
Paulo

Oh, I just contacted them by email and got my confirmation! \o/

Paulo

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:57 am 

Once or twice in the past, I have not received confirmation email, but the packages still arrived. Usually, the confirmation email appears within minutes. Once upon a time when I did not recieve the email, several days later, I dug up the confirmation page from my firefox browser histrory (I couldn't remember whether or not I had included a particular puzzle within the order) and the page loaded, along with the pertinent message "DO NOT BOOKMARK OR RELOAD THIS PAGE OR YOUR ORDER MAY DOUBLE". Well, a minute or so later, the order confirmation showed up in my inbox with days old date stamp. From my experience, if the email message fails to reach your inbox, the order is still confirmed and you will receive your package regardless. I usually open my email in a separate browser tab to check that my inbox got it, before I close the order confirmation page. My "bottomless" inbox for Yahoo Premium account makes a really convenient record-keeping tool for virtually every piece of correspondence I've ever done online. I seriously don't have a clue how they manage to store it all. Yes, I am a digital packrat, and I've got two 500Gb external Mybook drives (the second to back up the first) full of junk to prove it. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:07 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
Once or twice in the past, I have not received confirmation email, but the packages still arrived. ...
Same for me. They had sometimes a communication problem between Paypal and the Meffert's server.
No reason to worry.