Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jade Club news?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:40 am 

Frank Tiex wrote:
Yes, it is much better to talk WITH somebody instead of ABOUT him.

I completely agree, unfortunately in the real world the latter happens when the person you're trying to talk with isn't listening or responding. This entire thread demonstrates that basic principle. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:43 am 

Frank Tiex wrote:
Frank, you speak for me as well!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:12 pm 

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Frank Tiex wrote:

I completely agree, unfortunately in the real world the latter happens when the person you're trying to talk with isn't listening or responding. This entire thread demonstrates that basic principle. :wink:

No accusation at all, but had anybody else except me also tried to contact Uwe directly in the last two or three weeks? When I saw all these complaints I wrote him a serious mail about all the complaints and we discussed this.

Could it be, that some people really think, that Uwe or Erno or whoever is running a business outside is reading these forums on a regular base??? Hey, they have a lot more to care about than this website, sorry, but this is reality.

It is NOT on their personal radar.

It cannot be expected, that complaining here (which in many cases is just a way of publishing the own frustration without directly contacting the person and confronting him with the issue) is really reasonable and will lead to a resolution. Please keep this in mind. Of course it can help to COLLECT problems to a concrete problem.

My website: Frank's Puzzle Library

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:40 pm 

Frank, if you read back through this thread you will see that several people sent multiple mails that were all ignored. Hence my question when you said you had sent a message, whether you were sure he would even read it. I guess you got lucky.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:46 pm 

Maybe I had a different email address. I never needed luck to contact Uwe so far. I don't know, if my voice has more relevance to him, but I honestly don't want to assume this.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:12 pm 

Frank Tiex wrote:
Maybe I had a different email address. I never needed luck to contact Uwe so far. I don't know, if my voice has more relevance to him, but I honestly don't want to assume this.
I had several email contacts with Uwe and Jing on other subjects during the last months.
There had been a time in this spring that there was an email problem with Meffert's, but I've got an email around mid May explaining the situation very honestly and clearly. After that, communication was very good. :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:25 pm 

Frank Tiex wrote:
Could it be, that some people really think, that Uwe or Erno or whoever is running a business outside is reading these forums on a regular base??? Hey, they have a lot more to care about than this website, sorry, but this is reality.

Sorry Frank, but I have to disagree with you there. These guys are in business, and we are their market. If this was some pathetic little forum with 2-3 users, fair enough, but it isn't. If they haven't got at least an ear and an eye on forums like this I can't see business lasting long.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:54 pm 

I agree with you, that in fact it SHOULD be listened much more, yes.
But we had the same situation not so long ago, when it all was about
the V-cubes. Reality is, that this forum, although being quite a relevant voice of the puzzlers is NOT visited as frequently as you would expect by Meffert, Rubik, Verdes, whoever you want.. as you personally expect.

Many people seem to assume, that their post here is read by them. Why???
No. This is not the case for most of them, even if we all agree, that this is really strange as we finally are the customers.

SHOULD vs. IS. Hmm. The anticipation of the forum is different.
You might see it as the core of puzzling, but others don't.
Yes, I personally would give it attention, if I had a puzzle company.
But: Reading all the (partially ridiculous) posts and finding the relevant ones takes a LOT of time and doesn't help them usually.

If TP wants to support Verdes, Rubik, Meffert, etc. efficiently, my proposal is to establish dedicated channels for them, where people can post their needs and they can find it easily. This is more a question to Sandy.

You can never expect a professional to search a hobbyist forum as we are, regularly for reasonable hints. No way. Time's too expensive for such things.

Again: Don't overestimate TP. It's just a HOBBYIST forum anyway.
If TP wants professional responses, we should think about how to give professionally helpful hints.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:05 pm 

it doesnt bode well for the future when you get asked to recommend a seller ...your first thought will be a negative for mefferts...poor stickers,bad comms,late puzzles..little reward for an initial investement..poor customer relations...all the things you need to kill a reputation.if i ran my company like that i wouldnt have an income..im still in 2 minds wether to join the jades club but to be honest i dont see why ..at the mo...i dont want a puzzle that isnt stickered right..its not what you pay for.....40 quid and it should be spot on...all my v7s i had were perfect so its not unreasonable to expect the same from a less complicated one..
its also not ubreasonable to expect responses from someone who has your money within a fair time(trading laws in the uk demand it as a law otherwise said company is breaching trading standards.) a company as well known as mefferts should know better.

late night grumbling done now. :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:18 pm 

Strange post. This is such a post, where I'd say, if any professional reader ignores it, it is fine. Say CLEARLY and in COMPLETE words and sentences, what's your problem.

I have to agree to your last section, Meffert, who got your money, should have kept you on track. YES, DEFINITELY, THEY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN BETTER. I hope, I could help to establish this communication again. And Uwe's response lets me hope, this will be the case in future. I'll watch this, I promise!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:52 pm 

Frank Tiex wrote:
No accusation at all, but had anybody else except me also tried to contact Uwe directly in the last two or three weeks?

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Frank, if you read back through this thread you will see that several people sent multiple mails that were all ignored. Hence my question when you said you had sent a message, whether you were sure he would even read it. I guess you got lucky.

I sent him a personal email 2 days ago before his update. I recieved a personal reply from him within an hour saying he would update us all.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:37 am 

ok, imagine this:

You are some inventor, have made some spectacular designs that many people love
throughout many years. Then there is built a big, pretty huge fun base!

1. How in the world could we expect a person (who surely has other work to take care,
and sometimes this work supports his money-losing puzzle business!) to answer
everyone's email? Please do not be unrealistic.

2. Then, delays *ALWAYS* exist. I am really tired of saying this, and many ignore this
deliberately, thinking that their complaints will make things process faster. Wrong!

3. There already exist some side-channels for Meffert, Verdes, even Erno and others, but it
cannot be expected that the inventor can answer all questions, some of which are not questions,
but insulting accusations. Remember why Verdes left the forum? So stop it! Go to 1.

4. It seems that the most important thing for some people here is MONEY, not puzzles.
Sorry, but it is a grave conclusion of mine, and maybe this forum was not meant for you.
Puzzles to be solved need patient people, that is, patient in MANY ways. Yes, some of you paid
a reasonable amount (but by no means a GREAT amount) to be part of a club. But please
do not behave as if your life depended on this amount. And you may ask who am I to say so?
I can remind you of my response when I almost got conned (together with other users who
paid smaller amounts) of $500 last May: viewtopic.php?p=213981#p213981
My response:
"It is just money. Yes, it is a LOT of money, but that does not affect my argument.
Health and happiness (puzzles) are much more important factors for our life."

5. And to finalise my response in this post. Having said all the previous, Uwe is not someone
who cons or who is involved in frauds for God's sake. He is one of the MOST IMPORTANT puzzlers
who is still so active for so many years, kept puzzling well alive in the 90s, and we, in front of
him, we are all (including me) NOBODY's. It is sacrilege! No respect, no understanding, nothing.
If any of YOU who complain, *think* that can do a better job, why don't *you* try? Try to even
start a club with *your* connections. But hey what am I saying, you need to build a reputation
for 35 years, which will take a while to prove... :roll:

Hopefully all can now see how the other side(s) feel too. There is WAY too much negativity spread
with way too many complaints, just because there is way no patience and respect.

And if you are someone impatient, lock yourself inside a room, with a ZX Spectrum 48K, a tape
recorder and 1000s of games. Now *that* will (guarantee!) teach many of you patience. :shock:

Just my two cents. This was *not* an attack to anyone, but an explanation of reasons why to not
exercise certain behaviours, which the only thing they achieved in the past was to make genuine
puzzlers and inventors leave this forum. Grrr....

:x

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:47 am 

I think this discussion should come to an end for now. Uwe has explained the situation very openly and clearly.
Enough people have expressed how ungrateful and impatient they are.
This is a free world, leave the Jade Club, do not join the Jade Club (we won't miss you), do not buy at Meffert's.

We others will wait patiently, keep our trust in Uwe and stay content customers of Meffert's :D

I'm completely with Pantazis: Patience doesn't seem to be a virtue of many persons here.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:35 am 

I would appreciate not being sermoned on the virtues of patience or the importance of health and happiness vs money - how patronising! I have already explained several times (that for me at least) this is NOT a matter of time or money, but the poor customer relations (complete lack of communication up to now) and the principle of basic consumer rights (the legal right to get a refund, which still hasn't been honoured or offered). So please think about this before making self-righteous pompous comments effectively telling others that they should not care about their rights.

At the end of the day, there is NO excuse for taking so long to inform people of the problems, not to send at least the book that was promised, and not to give a refund if and when asked. NO excuse!

UPDATE: my own personal issues with the Jade Club have now been resolved.

Last edited by KelvinS on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:56 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:45 am 

konsassen wrote:
Patience doesn't seem to be a virtue of many persons here.

Exactly, and that is the heart of the point (and not some insulting and deceiving remarks,
for which no one should waste precious time answering).

All the rest my points are crystal clear, no need to repeat them.

;)

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:58 am 

I didn't registered (yet) in the Jade Club, although I had an invitation from the very first day from an important person (doesn't matter the name). I was a bit skeptical from the beginning of giving money for something that I don't know for sure when I'll receive. If they said 6 months, 1 year, 3 years...it would have been something, but no info at all. So, I waited and waited for the release of the puzzles to register there as a Jade Club Member, but it didn't happen to this day.

Speaking as an outside person now, who hasn't put any money into this, I totally agree with Kelvin's point of view on this matter. My personal opinion is that one shouldn't ask for payment in advance for something that doesn't exist. It was a similar situation here on the forum with a puzzle builder that was asking for money to build a certain puzzle which turned out to be quite deceptive and long lasting after all. Meffert should have refunded immediately the money as soon as he realized how complicated this is and let people now that he is not giving up, but it's fair for the moment to give the money back.

Anyway, I'm sure Meffert will succeed with this and his intentions are very good, but due to the poor marketing and lack of communication his reputation might suffer.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 am 

Hi Kelvin,

I took the liberty to ask Uwe and Jing about your email in which you have cancelled your Jade membership.
Obviously, he has not received it. :(
Uwe and Jing have both responded to my email immediately, even while they were travelling within the US to Alaska.
I do not know which email addresses you have used. I wrote the email addresses I had used into an email to you.
I hope you can sort out why you had communication problems. Regarding communication with Jade and Uwe, you seem to have had bad luck. :(
Hope it helps, if I wish you good luck here :D and that the whole thing comes to an end!

EDIT: I've just recieved a copy of an email from Kelvin to Uwe (including another email dated August 28th to an email address @jade.org), regarding this cancellation issue. My assumption is that Uwe can not check all his email, while travelling. The latest email will probably reach its destination soon.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:08 am 

Thanks, Konrad, but as you saw I have been sending messages to Uwe (at different e-mail addresses) on a regular basis and he denies having received them, not just this latest one.

Anyway, let's see if anything changes now that we *know* he has read your message and is definitely aware of the situation...

UPDATE: my own personal issues with the Jade Club have now been resolved.

Last edited by KelvinS on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:32 am 

I hope that it had been clear to everybody, that my action was not intended in any sense to be against Kelvin.
As I judge both of you, Uwe and Kelvin, as honest and completely trustworthy persons, I felt very sad, that this single case has been used to proove that the Jade Club and Meffert's do not respect usual business rules.

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Thanks, Konrad, but as you saw I have been sending messages to Uwe (at different e-mail addresses) on a regular basis...
All I've seen is your email dated August 28th. I do not doubt your word that you have sent emails before, but I want to state clearly, what I saw :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:07 pm 

Do you think perphaps that meffert's might be using some type of over-zealous spam filter? It may be blocking whole domain names, or treating free proviers (ex yahoo, gmai, hotmail) differently from ISP or host issued emails. Just a thought. If you are using an account from a free provider, try your isp email, or visa-versa. If you have access to an edu domain email, it wouldn't hurt to try that either. It seems this is a serious flaw with meffert's spam system if it is blocking/deleting huge blocks of commonly used email domains. :|

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:53 am 

Just a quick update to confirm that I have finally received a refund, and while I wish things had gone differently, with better communication, etc., I am happy this issue has finally been resolved, at least for me anyway. So I will not make any further posts in this thread, but I do want to leave with one comment:

If this one case has managed to highlight the importance to Uwe of managing customer expectations and relationships by good communication (especially when things don't go according to plan), then I hope it will make a difference in future, and that can only be a good thing for everyone - for the Jade Club, for Uwe, and for you. In the meantime, I do hope the Jade Club will be successful, and I have already expressed my sincere wishes to Uwe in that regard.

I will add a note to my previous posts to confirm that my own personal issue with the Jade Club has now been resolved.

PS. Thanks to Konrad for helping to resolve this matter. :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:40 am 

Kelvin Stott wrote:
Just a quick update to confirm that I have finally received a refund, and while I wish things had gone differently, with better communication, etc.,...
Personally, I’m convinced that a technical problem (or even Chinese filtering, remember the problems with Google) have caused the communication issue.
I know, how frustrating it is, when you are sending emails and nobody is responding.
I had an email problem with Meffert's last spring and it had been especially frustrating when others reported good communication. :(
As I've said earlier, this has been clarified very openly in early May. :)

I wish good luck to the Jade Club and Meffert's as well. :D

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:57 pm 

I'm not sure if I'm right, but I seem to remember Meffert saying he had ironed out his production problems and started making them.

If I'm right there, has anyone had their's yet?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:32 pm 

You need only look at the thread of wonderful news!! to answer that question. They are almost Here!! Hooray!! They look nice too...

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:31 am 

Jade Cubes will finally be coming soon! :mrgreen: Kelvin, you should have waited... :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:17 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
Kelvin, you should have waited... :cry:

I did wait, for 8 months, and I don't regret my decision not to wait any longer (we still don't know how much longer it will take). But if my actions have helped Uwe to understand that he should try to keep people informed until the puzzles are finally delivered, then I am happy for everyone! :D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:08 am 

Kelvin Stott wrote:
stardust4ever wrote:
Kelvin, you should have waited... :cry:

I did wait, for 8 months, and I don't regret my decision not to wait any longer (we still don't know how much longer it will take). But if my actions have helped Uwe to understand that he should try to keep people informed until the puzzles are finally delivered, then I am happy for everyone! :D

I am new to the Jade Club and haven't had to wait as long but i totally agree with you Kelvin. Its common business practice to deliver what you promise. If for some reason one can't deliver, he or she must keep the buyers informed. Regardless of how busy one is, common business practice is expected! You did nothing wrong Kelvin.

Chris

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:07 pm 

soooo, some fun new cubes to buy :) :D

Only one of each this time, although twins were tempting

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:10 pm 

Wow... I didn't realise they were selling the Latch Cube! Cool!

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:33 pm 

I just got a mail from Jade Club saying that they are trying their best for an End of October early November shipping date.
And the amazing puzzle-Gear Anisotropic Cube will be available for reservation but in a unique way by replying email.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:13 am 

That's great, but weird. The email was apparently sent out to only those who own a Gear Cube, but I don't. Nevermind, I will do shortly! :)

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:14 am 

SEBUVER wrote:
That's great, but weird. The email was apparently sent out to only those who own a Gear Cube, but I don't. Nevermind, I will do shortly! :)
The email to Gear Cube owners says: "Of course Jade Club Members will receive a special similar Reservation Invitation via their own Newsletter."
I've reserved one by replying to the email :)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:43 am 

So what is it, just a Gear Cube with the updated harder stickers? Is it a new puzzle to buy or a set of stickers?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:45 am 

Cyberdman wrote:
So what is it, just a Gear Cube with the updated harder stickers? Is it a new puzzle to buy or a set of stickers?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tm-FNfpIQY

:D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:44 am 

Oh crap, that is different!!! Thanks for the link to the video. Man, so many puzzles so little time (and money - LOL).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:13 am 

I posted this initially but then hesitated and deleted my post almost immediately when I saw the words "initially very restricted and confidential basis only" and then confirmed when I received a new e-mail that said "still confidential". I did make the mistake of posting on the IRC though, however I was lucky as most of the others had already received the e-mail.

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:51 pm 

Sadly, I won't be getting the Anisotropic Cube by way of Mefferts. I had ordered a white Gear Cube to complement the black when I found out about the Anisotropic mod, bought the spare parts on Shapeways, and transformed the white cube myself. The Shapeways kit (set of four gearless edges) by itself cost about the same amount as the Gear Cube, in essence doubling the net cost. There are some very unusual parity situations which can arise when solving this cube, most notably it is possible to restore all but a single edge gear into proper alignment and correctly color matched (using the "Ultimate" or "Fisher-style" sticker variation). I say anyone else who has received the opportunity to reserve one of these beautiful masterpieces should probably do it A.S.A.P. :scrambled:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:24 pm 

stardust4ever wrote:
I had ordered a white Gear Cube to complement the black when I found out about the Anisotropic mod, bought the spare parts on Shapeways, and transformed the white cube myself. The Shapeways kit (set of four gearless edges) by itself cost about the same amount as the Gear Cube, in essence doubling the net cost.
Plus the cost of the stickers, plus the cost of one additional side of stickers after noticing too late that Oskar posted a set for a black cube with white stickers where we need black stickers.

But I bought a black anisotropic cube from Meffert to complement the white one that I made at excessive expense.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:37 pm 

chuchudengren wrote:
I just got a mail from Jade Club saying that they are trying their best for an End of October early November shipping date.
And the amazing puzzle-Gear Anisotropic Cube will be available for reservation but in a unique way by replying email.

Will the Anisotropic Cube be available to the public, or only to Jade Club members? I have the Gear cube, and I'm puzzling over the best way to buy/make/temporarily make an Anisotropic Cube! :scrambled:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:21 am 

Michael Reid wrote:
Will the Anisotropic Cube be available to the public, or only to Jade Club members?
No one's saying.

Michael Reid wrote:
I have the Gear cube, and I'm puzzling over the best way to buy/make/temporarily make an Anisotropic Cube! :scrambled:
That seems strange. Or maybe not -- if you bought your gear cube from some other seller then you might have to make yours the expensive way. But if you bought yours directly from Meffert then surely he would have e-mailed this offer to you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:36 am 

ndiamond wrote:
Michael Reid wrote:
Will the Anisotropic Cube be available to the public, or only to Jade Club members?
No one's saying.
"No one" knows? Or "no one" is talking? :wink:

ndiamond wrote:
Michael Reid wrote:
I have the Gear cube, and I'm puzzling over the best way to buy/make/temporarily make an Anisotropic Cube! :scrambled:
That seems strange. Or maybe not -- if you bought your gear cube from some other seller then you might have to make yours the expensive way. But if you bought yours directly from Meffert then surely he would have e-mailed this offer to you.
I purchased my Gear Cube from a North American reseller, and did not receive the e-mail offer from Meffert's. Now I wonder if I should purchase a second Gear Cube, directly from Meffert's, mainly to get the Anisotropic offer. And I'm still not sure what that offer is! (Is it "secret"?) The whole situation seems strange to me, though "strange" is too mild a word!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:46 am 

Michael Reid wrote:
...I purchased my Gear Cube from a North American reseller, and did not receive the e-mail offer from Meffert's. Now I wonder if I should purchase a second Gear Cube, directly from Meffert's, mainly to get the Anisotropic offer. And I'm still not sure what that offer is! (Is it "secret"?) The whole situation seems strange to me, though "strange" is too mild a word!
Why do you not contact your North American reseller? How could Meffert's know your email address?
Obviously, Meffert has contacted Gear Cube buyers (those that have bought at Meffert's and they have the email address for) and Jade Club members. Why is it "strange" that Meffert's does something special to old customers and members of a club? (Others are complaining that there are so few special offers to Jade Club members :!: :) )
The email to Gear Cube owners was "still confidential" indeed and the subject contains:
" to be released initially on a strictly restricted basis".

EDIT: In the latest Meffert's Newsletter from today, September 30th, there is nothing about confidentiality.
Maybe, "initially" is over already?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:11 am 

Be sure to check your e-mail Jade Club members!

A little surprise from Uwe!
:D

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:23 pm 

Michael Reid wrote:
ndiamond wrote:
Michael Reid wrote:
No one's saying.
"No one" knows? Or "no one" is talking? :wink:
Well, I have good news and bad news for you.

Bad news first: Those who know aren't saying.

Good news last: Those who don't know aren't saying.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:25 pm 

Well I have good news for three of you! If you want to be in on this, I have three Jade Club invites to hand out. Sign up is 45 dollars USD and you get two Jade puzzles with your VIP club membership.

GREAT DEAL!

Chris

PM if you would like an invite!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:30 am 

konsassen wrote:
Michael Reid wrote:
...I purchased my Gear Cube from a North American reseller, and did not receive the e-mail offer from Meffert's. Now I wonder if I should purchase a second Gear Cube, directly from Meffert's, mainly to get the Anisotropic offer. And I'm still not sure what that offer is! (Is it "secret"?) The whole situation seems strange to me, though "strange" is too mild a word!
Why do you not contact your North American reseller? How could Meffert's know your email address?
Obviously, Meffert has contacted Gear Cube buyers (those that have bought at Meffert's and they have the email address for) and Jade Club members. Why is it "strange" that Meffert's does something special to old customers and members of a club? (Others are complaining that there are so few special offers to Jade Club members :!: :) )
The email to Gear Cube owners was "still confidential" indeed and the subject contains:
" to be released initially on a strictly restricted basis".

Of course, I contacted my reseller, but I'm still waiting for some info. But since the original info was posted here, naturally, that's where I asked first. That I asked a simple question, and got a convoluted answer is strange to me. I'm sorry if my use of the word "strange" is upsetting to you; would you prefer if I had used "irritating" or "annoying" as I had considered?

Let me point out that my original question was if the Anisotropic Cube would be available to the public; it was not a complaint about the possibility it would only be for Jade Club members. But then I am told that because I did not purchase directly from Meffert's, perhaps I will not be given the chance to purchase The Anisotropic cube. And this leads me to ponder purchasing a second Gear Cube (which I do not particularly want) directly from Meffert's, for the sole purpose of being offered the option to buy the puzzle I actually want! This is very strange to me, and again, I apologize if that word is somehow offensive to you.

Of course, Meffert's knows my e-mail address, as I am signed up for their newsletter. At least, I think I am; that it is difficult to be 100% certain is strange to me. As it turns out, I did receive an e-mail from Meffert's about the Gear Cube and "Gear Cube Extreme", which is reasonable to believe is the Anisotropic Cube. But, it was delivered to my spam folder, which is again strange. (That message did not say anything about being confidential, so I think it is OK to mention it here.) It is also strange that the e-mail does not give any specific information, rather it says
Quote:
we will give you a very pleasant Surprise !!!
if you reply according to the instructions. Which I did, and did not receive anything. Maybe that was the surprise! But I wouldn't describe such a surprise as "pleasant" ... um, let's see what the right word is ... maybe "strange"?

(I assume that the pleasant surprise should be an e-mail giving an offer to purchase the puzzle. If this is correct, and someone has received this e-mail reply, and can share with me, that would be appreciated. But, please do not breach any confidentiality. For that reason, please PM me, or use e-mail (available from my webpage). I can provide evidence that I received Meffert's e-mail to Gear Cube users, if you like.)

konsassen wrote:
EDIT: In the latest Meffert's Newsletter from today, September 30th, there is nothing about confidentiality.
Maybe, "initially" is over already?

I did not receive this newsletter, which is why I do not know if I am signed up. (If, by chance, you meant "Jade Club newsletter", then I understand why!) I did receive a message on September 17 about the Rex Cube, but I am looking now, and it does not appear to be an actual "Newsletter". Can you send, or better yet, post, the Newsletter (assuming there is no confidential part). If it is a "Meffert's Newsletter" then probably it is not confidential, but I've given up trying to understand how things work around here! :scrambled:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:42 am 

Michael Reid wrote:
...As it turns out, I did receive an e-mail from Meffert's about the Gear Cube and "Gear Cube Extreme", which is reasonable to believe is the Anisotropic Cube. But, it was delivered to my spam folder, which is again strange.
It is usually not the fault of the sender that your mail server or mail frontend considers something as SPAM. That you mention it here and use again the word "strange" implies - for me at least - that you are critizising Meffert's.
Michael Reid wrote:
...(I assume that the pleasant surprise should be an e-mail giving an offer to purchase the puzzle. If this is correct, and someone has received this e-mail reply, and can share with me, that would be appreciated. But, please do not breach any confidentiality. For that reason, please PM me, or use e-mail (available from my webpage). I can provide evidence that I received Meffert's e-mail to Gear Cube users, if you like.)
I've sent you you the Newsletter September 30th, I had mentioned. It looks like an ordinary Newsletter. I cannot see that it is addressed to Gear Cube owners, only.
Michael Reid wrote:
...I did not receive this newsletter, which is why I do not know if I am signed up. (If, by chance, you meant "Jade Club newsletter", then I understand why!) I did receive a message on September 17 about the Rex Cube, but I am looking now, and it does not appear to be an actual "Newsletter". Can you send, or better yet, post, the Newsletter (assuming there is no confidential part). If it is a "Meffert's Newsletter" then probably it is not confidential, but I've given up trying to understand how things work around here! :scrambled:
I have sent you the mentioned Newsletter via PM (see my comment above. Obviously you have got some Newsletter from Meffert's about the Gear Cube Extreme (=Anisotropic). Is it different from the one I have PM'd? My newsletter contains a link for ordering it.
So, I hope you'll find a way to get it soon. :D You can always try sending email to Meffert's. I'm completely convinced that your hint to the reseller will be enough for them, even if the order is still restricted to Gear Cube owners :) Good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:46 am 

It's kind of annoying, I have received a whole bunch different e-mails addressed to various combinations of Jade Club Members, Regular Meffert's customers/people who have signed up for the Meffert's Newsletter, and people who have purchased a Gear Cube in the past. This would explain this situation where there was no addressing to people who have previously purchased Gear Cubes in the past in the e-mail that you mentioned.

doctor who wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:22 pm 

konsassen,
Thank you for the PM with the Newsletter messages! It is not the same as the message I received (check your PM for that) which did not have a link for ordering. But today I received 2 e-mails from Meffert's about the Anisotropic Cube. I assume they were forwarded from you (or another TPForum member who is reading this thread) because the first was "JadeClub News as of Sept 30, 2010" (which would not be sent to me normally) and the second was "Puzzle News as of Sept 30. 2010" (okay, maybe it just arrived late).

konsassen wrote:
It is usually not the fault of the sender that your mail server or mail frontend considers something as SPAM. That you mention it here and use again the word "strange" implies - for me at least - that you are critizising Meffert's.
I disagree. The e-mail has similar characteristics as spam messages, which is why it matched various criteria. This is the "fault" of the sender. Of course, my spam filtering software might be an issue, but I am using SpamAssassin, which is reliable and has a good track record. Yes, I guess I am criticizing Meffert's (is that verboten?) but I hope not too strongly, and I hope it will be taken constructively. Indeed, I also replied to the Meffert's e-mail providing the spam report (which tests were matched and contributed to the spam score) in the hope that the information is useful. And I know that I can make adjustments on my end ("whitelist") so that Meffert's messages are not considered spam. (The two messages I received today would have scored over the spam threshold if I had not used the whitelist feature.)

quicksolver wrote:
It's kind of annoying, I have received a whole bunch different e-mails addressed to various combinations of Jade Club Members, Regular Meffert's customers/people who have signed up for the Meffert's Newsletter, and people who have purchased a Gear Cube in the past.
Well put, and concisely stated. This is exactly the issue that I find strange. On top of this, apparently there are "strictly confidential" messages, "initially confidential" messages, "private mailings" to certain subsets of the mailing list, and who knows what else. Moreover, it does not help that some folks completely ignore "confidentiality" and make public the contents of what was requested to be a confidential message. But why does Meffert's choose to have this hodgepodge of various different mailings, with different and seemingly conflicting information?? Surely this only adds to confusion and misunderstandings.

For instance, the two messages that konsassen kindly provided by PM are different from the first message that my spam folder received, and are still different from the 2 Meffert's e-mails I received today. Perhaps they are the same as quicksolver received, but really, I am not interested in researching that.

I originally asked:
Quote:
Finally, I think I have the answer. The "Gear-Cube Extreme" is now listed on Meffert's website so apparently anyone can purchase it! :)

Update: There is now another thread about the Anisotropic Cube being available at Meffert's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:28 pm 

Sorry for the late reply. I spent several days on a fall retreat this past weekend during which time I was away from the internet.

I think it needs to be said, that the number of emails Meffert's/ Jade Club has sent out regarding the Anisotropic Cube. I have 16 messages in my inbox (and a notoriously bad habit of never deleting anything). Eight of them are duplicates, but they all are related to the Anisotropic Cube and all came within a week of each other. :roll:

Attachments:
Mefferts spam.png
Mefferts spam.png [ 173.67 KiB | Viewed 4488 times ]

Last edited by stardust4ever on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10  Next