Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jade Club news?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:11 pm 

I can log in fine, or is there a 2nd page I don't know about?

Would be strange to have everyone forget their passwords/logins at the same time

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:52 pm 

I can log in fine too, and get the the upload page just fine. I think you have to log into regular Jades club and then click the link from the newsletter to get to the upload page after you are already logged in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:58 pm 

Question...
Why does it say that I didn't pay when I did? Will that change 24hour after becoming a member? Or is it because my paypal has a different email address then the one I put?

Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:53 am 

Cyberdman wrote:
I can log in fine too, and get the the upload page just fine. I think you have to log into regular Jades club and then click the link from the newsletter to get to the upload page after you are already logged in.
Nothing has changed so far. I can not make an ordinary login using my credentials stored in a computer file. I have used two different logins for my wife and me and are 100% certain that it is not my fault!
No reply from Jades club or Uwe, so far. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:09 am 

Bummer then. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:24 pm 

I'm getting an internet connection error, clearly coming from the site. I've logged on at least a dozen times before, with no problem whatsoever. Help!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:56 pm 

pharle wrote:
I'm getting an internet connection error, clearly coming from the site. I've logged on at least a dozen times before, with no problem whatsoever. Help!
Right, the error message has changed! Earlier I got "check your password", now I'm getting an "Internet connection error" as well.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:18 pm 

Does anyone know if these are 3d files or can they be pictures of a design ?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:51 am 

Glad I'm not the only one who cannot login. I have been chasing it up for months and I have absolutely no replies from Mefferts (neither Uwe or admin in general). Pretty disappointing honestly :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:48 pm 

hysterical_oliver wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one who cannot login. I have been chasing it up for months and I have absolutely no replies from Mefferts (neither Uwe or admin in general). Pretty disappointing honestly :evil:
My login works again. I've written email to 'Jades@JadeClub.org' and have received a reply that the problem is fixed. I've checked it and yes, it is.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:38 pm 

O.k so now I can't login. I also tryed to send a email (like 3) to Jades@JadeClub.org...that's not working either. :cry:

Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:50 pm 

http://www.jadeclub.org/upload/
404 - Not Found
The requested URL /upload/ was not found on this server.

:evil:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:07 pm 

MizMelysaLadi wrote:
O.k so now I can't login. I also tryed to send a email (like 3) to Jades@JadeClub.org...that's not working either. :cry:

Tried emailing and uploading to site and it didn't work either. I am sure they will have it all figured out soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:29 am 

If it matters, I just got an email from Uwe personally inviting me to the JadeClub, which I thought was ultra-cool - except that I am already a member. Oh well. :mrgreen:

I just thought that was an interesting tidbit I'd pass along. In his note he did mention that they had some technical and server problems and because of that for a while new Memberships had been suspended.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:06 pm 

we had any news on the jade puzzles recently?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:31 am 

Soooooo . . . . It's August now. I guess the puzzles weren't shipped in July. Any chance that there will be some updates soon as to the Jade puzzles?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:11 am 

If this was any other business, we'd be reporting them to trading standards by now for fraud. :roll: I guess we're just really nice and patient.

I have to admit though, my patience is wearing thin. I'm considering asking for my money back.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:32 am 

heiowge wrote:
If this was any other business, we'd be reporting them to trading standards by now for fraud. :roll: I guess we're just really nice and patient.

I have to admit though, my patience is wearing thin. I'm considering asking for my money back.

I asked for my money back two months ago and heard nothing. This IS fraud.

UPDATE: my own personal issues with the Jade Club have now been resolved.

Last edited by KelvinS on Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:52 pm 

Don't forget that you paid for a membership, the puzzle is free :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:49 pm 

Volitar Prime wrote:
Don't forget that you paid for a membership, the puzzle is free :wink:

No, the "free puzzles" were promised as part of the deal, and that's why I joined. I certainly didn't pay USD45 to give up my private contact details so that I can be bombarded with spam and marketing newsletters, or what else do I get as a so-called "VIP member"???

When I offer "free shipping" with my puzzles, I don't expect people would be too happy if I didn't send their puzzles on the basis that "shipping was free anyway, so it doesn't matter if I don't actually send the puzzles".

I really don't understand why people are trying to justify and defend this terrible behaviour. It simply goes against every consumer right, and law, when you can't get your money back for something that is promised and paid for, but not delivered. Wake up!

Last edited by KelvinS on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:47 pm 

Meffert's has been pretty rough (puzzle a month fell through a bit) but we weren't given a date on these puzzle when we signed up, and I've never seen an official date for them.

Early on when the Jade Club just started, it was said that the puzzles weren't done yet, and shouldn't be expected to ship then. People were complaining THEN about it, without even an optimistic shipping date.

It's much later now, though, and I'm pretty upset about not having them yet either. They're going to be my first real COLLECTED puzzles, not puzzles to play with. I'm excited about starting a COLLECTION, not just the puzzles I play with. But it's been pushed back further and further.

It wouldn't be as bad if they were refunding money. The issues with the website are a big problem too, and people who didn't pay and want to can't. There's a lot of issues with the jade club.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:29 pm 

It makes me REALLY angry to go back and read all these promises, but STILL NO "Jade Mind puzzles", NO "limited-edition Jade book", NO "special VIP website", NO "online VIP Lounge", NO REFUND, NO reply to any of my mails, NO word, NO apology, NOTHING, NADA - after 7 months:
Attachment:
Jade Club 1.jpg
Jade Club 1.jpg [ 102.87 KiB | Viewed 4428 times ]
Attachment:
Jade Club 2.jpg
Jade Club 2.jpg [ 103.96 KiB | Viewed 4428 times ]

Last edited by KelvinS on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:35 am 

After reading on this forum about all the excitement when the Jade Club was announced and then complete silence except for the "invite me" posts here and there, I was expecting a lot more than nothing for my membership fees.

The only thing that I see on the Jade Club is 2 puzzles in reserve. One is available for sale and the other one can be reservered on Meffort's regular site.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:04 am 

Longhair wrote:
After reading on this forum about all the excitement when the Jade Club was announced and then complete silence except for the "invite me" posts here and there, I was expecting a lot more than nothing for my membership fees.

The only thing that I see on the Jade Club is 2 puzzles in reserve. One is available for sale and the other one can be reservered on Meffort's regular site.

there were other puzzles, but I'm sure they went public within a day of jade members being able to order them. So far, a waste of my money

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:57 am 

Hopefully these current complaints will save someone from wasting their hard earned money.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:12 am 

I didn't pay to join a club. I paid for a puzzle. I had a choice - get a Jing's Pyraminx now, or a nicer looking one (Jade Pyraminx) in a few months for the same price. Had I known it'd be into August with no real movement on the puzzles, I'd have got the Jing's Pyraminx.

I didn't really care about membership. Had membership cost $1 with no puzzle I wouldn't have bothered joining. Had it cost $19 with a jade minx, I'd have got Jings Pyraminx instead. I only joined because it was the same cost. It was not made clear at the start that the puzzle would be more than 6 months away. I was led to believe end of March, April at the latest.

I think Meffert should offer to placate some of us - he's got a stash of Jing's Pyraminxes left. He should offer to swap Jade for Jing's for any member who wants to, then allow surplus Jade minxes to be sold next year instead.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:06 am 

You need to be patient. From what I have heard, Meffert is quite busy just trying to keep up with the "puzzle per month". Yes, I will admit that Mr. Meffert has probably taken on a project that is a little bit too big to handle at the moment but if you doubt him just think of the good things. I have also had the chance to see the Jade puzzles and how much progress they had made in April and they really were unfinished. The puzzles are also time-consuming to make but the result is more beautiful than can be described (and that's just when they are unfinished).

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:54 pm 

I contacted Uwe about all this complaints.
I hope he will give us all a statement soon.

My website: Frank's Puzzle Library

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm 

Frank Tiex wrote:
I contacted Uwe about all this complaints.
I hope he will give us all a statement soon.

Many thanks for taking this initiative.

Do you know whether he actually read/heard what you had to say, or did you just send another e-mail that will probably not be read?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:53 pm 

I haven't got a read receipt yet, but I didn't expect it directly, of course.
If I do not get a response in the next days I will try a different email address.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:14 pm 

Unless words are followed by actions, this whole "exclusive" club has been a scam.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:32 pm 

Ok, just to make sure that it is not only Verdes that I support. :wink:

From past experience, Uwe always finished off any deals I did with him.
Sometimes there were delays, but he always delivered.

I know it doesn't look good at this stage, but I am sure that soon there
will be some sort of development about this issue.

And this is coming from someone like me, who was never a Jade Club fan
from the very start (see Nr 6), but that has to do with other (secret) reasons.

I mean, come on guys, the cases of people not being able to deliver on time
are simply way too many. So do not jump to conclusions so fast. Please be patient.

(And no, I didn't say all those to get another kiss from Rox, though I wouldn't mind!)
:mrgreen:

Pantazis

PS. What is wrong with me? It seems I am playing Devil's advocate all the time!
Time to concentrate on some new puzzle designs instead!

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

Last edited by kastellorizo on Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:40 pm 

I agree with Pantazis.

I know Uwe as a correct businessman, who always was generous in case of any complaints.

I also see, that nothing seems to happen in the Jade Club site. My assumption is, that Uwe was too enthusiastic, when he set up all his new projects, the Club and making many new puzzles. It is probably more time consuming, than he had expected.

But as he read my mail this morning, I guess, he will react and give an response and explanation soon.

Don't worry - Frank

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:32 am 

I fully support Frank's and Pantazis's views.

I understand that people are getting frustrated comparing the Jade Clubs announcements with the progress made so far. On the other hand, Uwe has never promised a certain delivery date for the Jade puzzles. I will be content getting my puzzles somewhen in 2010. Until then I'll wait patiently and will never doubt Uwe's honesty. I find it rude and inadequate when people in this thread have used the word "fraud".

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:18 am 

While the details vary country by country, consumers are generally protected by the same basic legal rights:

Quote:
-Clear information about the goods or services offered before you buy.
-Written confirmation of this information after you have made your purchase.
-A 'cooling off' period during which an order can be cancelled without any reason and a full refund made.
-A full refund if the goods or services are not provided by the date you agreed. If you didn't agree a date, then you are *entitled* to a refund if the goods or services are not provided within 30 days.

My issue is not that it's taking too long to get the puzzles, book, special VIP benefits, and everything else that was promised. In fact I just don't care anymore.

My issue is that I can't even get my money back when nothing has been delivered after 7 months! Sorry but that IS fraud, whether anyone thinks it's "rude" to say that or not.

Last edited by KelvinS on Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:25 am 

i hate to say this, but apart from not caring, I agree fully with everything he said.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:53 am 

I think it's about time I put my two cents into this. (I've just always wanted to say that! :D )

Meffert's has always been reliable, he may take his time, but everything he has said he will, he's done. The fact of the matter is that he hasn't set any release dates, and so if you're moaning at him, maybe you should have asked him when they were going to be ready. He's said that the final designs have been finished etc... and so it won't be that long until they're sent out.

Imagine if you had a job, and you were the best there, the best employee out of everyone. Then the boss asks you a favour, which is not one of your requirements, but you do it out of respect. He didn't ask how long you were going to take, nor did he tell you how long he wanted it to be done in. He comes back five minutes later, and you've nearly finished, but because you hadn't finished in the time frame that he hadn't said. You get fired.

With exaggerated proportions, that's what you lot are doing to Meffert's. Hang on at least one more month, I'm sure everything will be made clear then.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:58 am 

Kelvin Stott wrote:
While the details vary country by country, consumers are generally protected by the same basic legal rights:

Quote:
-Clear information about the goods or services offered before you buy.
-Written confirmation of this information after you have made your purchase.
-A 'cooling off' period during which an order can be cancelled without any reason and a full refund made.
-A full refund if the goods or services are not provided by the date you agreed. If you didn't agree a date, then you are *entitled* to a refund if the goods or services are not provided within 30 days.

My issue is not that it's taking too long to get the puzzles, book, special VIP benefits, and everything else that was promised. In fact I just don't care anymore.

My issue is that I can't even get my money back when nothing has been delivered after 7 months! Sorry but that IS fraud, whether anyone thinks it's "rude" to say that or not.

I completely agree with you Kelvin. I love using Mefferts, but unfortunately they seem to be moving on with their normal store and leaving the "VIPs" (I now consider myself a VUP-- very unimportant person) in the dust. Good thing I wasted my money. 7 damn months and not a word.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:09 am 

SEBUVER wrote:
I think it's about time I put my two cents into this. (I've just always wanted to say that! :D )

Meffert's has always been reliable, he may take his time, but everything he has said he will, he's done. The fact of the matter is that he hasn't set any release dates, and so if you're moaning at him, maybe you should have asked him when they were going to be ready. He's said that the final designs have been finished etc... and so it won't be that long until they're sent out.

Imagine if you had a job, and you were the best there, the best employee out of everyone. Then the boss asks you a favour, which is not one of your requirements, but you do it out of respect. He didn't ask how long you were going to take, nor did he tell you how long he wanted it to be done in. He comes back five minutes later, and you've nearly finished, but because you hadn't finished in the time frame that he hadn't said. You get fired.

With exaggerated proportions, that's what you lot are doing to Meffert's. Hang on at least one more month, I'm sure everything will be made clear then.

It's not been 5 minutes, it's been months. We've had teases and almost updates, and news about prototypes lost in the mail. That was over a month ago I think. And that was from Rox, not Meffert. We've heard nothing since then.

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 am 

Meffert's did do an announcement, did he not? Basically, given a length of time, extreme or not, we'll either get the puzzles or we'll get the money. Meffert's has given a lot of time to us, and now we should give a little to him.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:21 pm 

There has been plenty of announcements, things to look forward to, and so on... Nothing has changed since making payment though.

No "exclusive" puzzles, not even a price discount on regular ones - let alone being able to reserve puzzles before the general public.

At the end of the day, the only difference between Meffert's Puzzle Store and the Jade Club is that Meffert's sends you something after receiving payment for goods & services.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:58 pm 

It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't also managed to release the skewb kite, crazy 3x3s (8 of them), skewb hex, non-pillowed master pyramorphix, teraminx, helicopter cube, gear cube, and 12 colour skewb ultimates since we paid for our jade puzzles.

Not forgetting the china puzzles.

It's not like the jade puzzles are exactly new. What have we got? A 3x3 and jing's pyraminx with posh bumps and a nice paint job? No like redesigning a brand new puzzle. Like the gear cube. Or the helicopter cube.

Come on.... :roll:

Oh, there's the much touted chip thingy. Unless you're a pro cuber, when are we gonna use them? It's not like they're any use to most of us.

Send me a jing's pyraminx and a good pic of the faces, and I reckon I could knock out a prototype in under a week. And I'm not a good builder. 6 months with a pro-team should be able to bang out a complicated puzzle akin to the teraminx, and we're still waiting.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:02 pm 

Hey everybody I haven't been on this forum in quite a while. Don't even know if anyone remembers me from a couple years back. But I also joined the Jade Club with VIP status and just this morning I emailed Mr. Meffert asking about the whereabouts of my puzzles. Sure enough, just an hour later, I had this personal reply in my inbox:
"Hello Danny,

As this never done before technology is much more difficult than we initially envisaged it will take some more time to complete these puzzles. The complex moulding of all parts has been completed. Now we are setting up for the special Jade effect which means that every single piece has to be hand decorated twice and this is very time consuming. Tonight we will send a Jade Newsletter giving JadeClub members an update and after 2 weeks a follow up

After we have a better idea as to when we can finish the first production run.

Thanks for your understanding and patience.

Happy Puzzling

Uwe"

So I supose we just must simply be patient for a while longer. He hasn't given up on the project; it's just a little more work than imagined. So perhaps we shoud cut him some slack :]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:12 pm 

You can expect some news from Uwe soon.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:16 pm 

Can someone invite me to the jade club.

I also want to purchase these cubes.

Thanks

Please help!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:23 pm 

Wait a moment, I can do.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 4:25 pm 

I am shocked that noone has posted this yet:
Quote:
Subject: JadeClub News as of August 26, 2010 - A General important long overdue Update
-------------------------------------------------

Dear JadeClub Members,

I understand that some of you are unhappy with the JadeClub’s performance so far and frankly speaking so am I. If any of you have or know of anyone that has the necessary skill and content to help bring the JadeClub website to the status I had intended that would be super. Following in Green are some comments that I recently received and my answer is in white.

I heard that some of you had login problems:

During the migration to our new dedicated Windows server a couple of programming errors occurred which were immediately fixed once we were made aware of the login problem. There should be no problems now but if you encounter any please contact us.

There is no real news about the Jade Club special puzzles that many people are anxious to receive:
This has been a very big and expensive headache for me with people working around the clock to achieve what I had set out to do. I guess I have two problems working against me here. Firstly that I am a perfectionist of sorts and secondly I am not a quitter. The smart thing would have been just too give up and refund the Membership fees in full. I am afreid that I am not a good enough business man to do just that even so I am way over 100,000 Euro out of pocket on the Jade club project todate I will see it through to the end. And the good news is that all the problems have now been solved and production on the Jade cube and Pyraminx has commenced. However with each puzzle having to be partially hand finished this is still going to take some time to complete it is all taking much longer than I initially envisaged.

- The content of the website is extremely poor:
I agree again even so I have three excellent webmasters and programmers, the initial Flash programming was a mistake and we have now completely done the website again. This has cost us a lot of time as many applications had to be custom written. Actually the pre-announcement to Jade club Members of new puzzles about to be released is of no commercial benefit to the Mefferts website as the Jade Club membership is far too small for that at present, but will be beneficial to JadeClub members for new limited edition hot Puzzle releases.

- There are no additional news at all. No benefit is visible:
We are presently running a JadeClub Puzzle competition for the 2010 puzzle of the year and have received some nice entries so far. You will all be involved in the final judging.

- News emails are getting rarer:
That is because there has been nothing new to report. However from now on I will give you two weekly updates. If anyone is not happy to wait as an exact delivery time can still not yet be given, you may cancel Your JadeClub membership if you wish and swap the amount you paid for the Membership joining fee for any puzzles from the Meffert’s Puzzles shopping cart to the same value, just send an email to Uwe@jadeclub.org in this regard.

- It was also proposed to either push our project in the way I initially announced it or you let it die soon.

It is not a matter of me being too busy or giving up on the JadeClub, I just underestimated the complexity of the whole project from the Jade Puzzles to the website. As already mentioned above If anyone knows of anyone that can contribute with skill and content to bring the website to the status I had indented more quickly, that would be very nice.

- Regarding the website, It has been propose not to do it completely in Flash, as links cannot be set nicely from outside. Also the user/password combination with these strange combinations is quite uncomfortable. Better for our webmasters to use a free content management system, throw away all the old pages and redesign them. This will be much better!

Again I 100% agree and most of this has been done already only a few minor corrections are necessary and then we can concentrate on promised content.

Happy Puzzling
Uwe Meffert
Uwe Mffert Photo
100,000 Euros? Good grief. That is a serious gamble! :shock:

I hope and pray this Jade Club fiasco does not cause Mefferts to go bankrupt. No single puzzle run should be worth losing everything! :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:31 am 

stardust4ever wrote:
...100,000 Euros? Good grief. That is a serious gamble! :shock:

I hope and pray this Jade Club fiasco does not cause Mefferts to go bankrupt. No single puzzle run should be worth losing everything! :cry:
Yeah, that sounds serious enough.
BTW, I had wondered myself, why this newsletter wasn't posted before.
I'm sure that Uwe will not go bankrupt because of this.

My expectations, how pretty the two puzzles will be, are high by now! :)
I'm really glad that my wife has become a member, too.
So, we will have two sets of these extraordinary (and probably vary rare) puzzles in our house. :) :)
Imagine, what a wonderful and valuable gift one will be for the 10th birthday of our granddoughter :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:39 am 

I got this message too, it's amazing what a little bit of communication and empathy can do. :D ...especially when things aren't going according to plan!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:16 am 

Yes, it is much better to talk WITH somebody instead of ABOUT him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next