Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jade Club news?
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 6:57 am 

everyone lowering my expectations on the difficulty now :( I just know I'm going to fail to solve it and feel like a complete idiot

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:30 am 

I hear ya. I'm probably right there with you. :lol: Hopefully mine will be here soon.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 12:43 pm 

Disjunto wrote:
everyone lowering my expectations on the difficulty now :( I just know I'm going to fail to solve it and feel like a complete idiot

Yeah, but you can feel smart when you show it to people and they make this face: :?. :D

I can't wait for this, even if it is easy. I haven't bought a puzzle in a while I bought it using my casting money so it'll probably be the last puzzle for a while as well! :lol:

Alex

YouTube Account: Cubiksrube113

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:08 pm 

just received mine! They turn extremely well (a lot better than I thought) and I accidentally scrambled it :( lol I was making half turns across 2 or 3 faces and after 4-5 turns I started going backwards and dropped it in my lap and lost my place! :O so now I get to attempt to solve it lol...looks like it'd be fairly easy after studying it a few minutes...but for now, I have to work :P

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:06 pm 

Well got this today, took me 2 hours to solve, during that time I was showing my sister how it turned, showing my sister the 2x2x4 I had just got, and then messed up and I needed to solve that, played some video games, ate food... so yeah, an easy puzzle ;)

It turns really nicely, great puzzle. It does hurt when you get your fingers stuck in the gaps though

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:10 pm 

Disjunto wrote:
Well got this today, took me 2 hours to solve, during that time I was showing my sister how it turned, showing my sister the 2x2x4 I had just got, and then messed up and I needed to solve that, played some video games, ate food... so yeah, an easy puzzle ;)

It turns really nicely, great puzzle. It does hurt when you get your fingers stuck in the gaps though

Just be thankful meffert rounded the gear edges, otherwise you could've ended up with a nasty cut!

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 2:24 pm 

definitely ;)

the stickering on my puzzle is pretty shoddy unfortunately. some on them are barely on, and my mefferts challenge has been put on backwards :|

hopefully cubesmith comes out with some stickers that cover a bit more of the puzzle aswell

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 5:38 am 

Got my gear cube (caution cube) twins last night, finally. I thought they were never going to get here. Really attractive and interesting looking puzzles. I am surprised at just how awesome and smoothly they turn as scary as they look. :lol:

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 5:52 pm 

so if we reserved puzzles from the Jade Club site, when do we actually buy them? or am I just confused? lol

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:03 pm 

if you reserve you get an early access link to purchase the products from store before everyone else. hopefully we'll get a few exclusives aswell or something ;)

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:15 pm 

the reason I ask is because the master pyramorphinx that's now at Mefferts was listed as a special reserve item...but I don't remember actually ordering one...so I was curious as to why it was already listed at Meffert's if Jade Club members haven't had the chance to order it yet :/

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:22 pm 

I wondered the same thing about the master pyramorphinx, seems like there was a glitch or something. We got to reserve, but after that they just automatically went on sale to everyone at the same time. That basically was a waste of having a Jades Club early reserve. :?

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:24 pm 

that's what I was thinking, but at the same time, we got to reserve a black version, which is not yet available anywhere else. So maybe that's supposed to be the "special" puzzle for Jade Club members?

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:36 am 

Cyberdman wrote:
I wondered the same thing about the master pyramorphinx, seems like there was a glitch or something. We got to reserve, but after that they just automatically went on sale to everyone at the same time. That basically was a waste of having a Jades Club early reserve. :?

:? I got confused and so only just ordered mine on Friday. I couldn't remember whether I actually ordered or just reserved before - I clearly just reserved. :(

Alex

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:37 am 

I ordered on the first day of launch, and didn't even get my tracking number yet.
Adn this after 3 emails.... :(

Paulo

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:17 pm 

you both ordered from Meffert's or Jade Club? I didn't think they were actually available for sale at Jade Club yet...please clarify? :)

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:44 pm 

I think a lot of people are mistaken in that the Jades Club only gives you reserve options for those puzzles. You don't order them that way.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:34 pm 

I buy puzzles from Mefforts on a regular basis.

How can I join the Jade Club?

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:36 pm 

Cyberdman wrote:
I think a lot of people are mistaken in that the Jades Club only gives you reserve options for those puzzles. You don't order them that way.

Yes I ordered correctly of course. Its not my first order at Mefferts. :-)
First I made the reservation at the Jade Club, then ordered when it was available, paid for it and everything.

Someone from Mefferts told me they are having delays from the post office to send them the tracking numbers...
It must be arriving soon.

Regards,
Paulo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:57 pm 

so we reserve from the Jade Club so that Meffert's produces enough? So, there's no real guarantee we get the reserved puzzles unless we order them off the Meffert's site as soon as they're available?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 am 

Got a question about the Jade-p and jade-c. I heard from someone that the puzzles were shipping in June. I forget who it was, but it was a cubing competition. Any truth to this?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:09 pm 

Hi guys,

This is first post :D , I was recently invited into the Jade club and was wondering about the two puzzles. Is the Jade Cube a 3x3x3 with the 'Jades' on it or is it something different? Secondly is the Jade Pyraminx a Jings Pyramid?

Thanks Robert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:29 pm 

Robert111 wrote:
Hi guys,

This is first post :D , I was recently invited into the Jade club and was wondering about the two puzzles. Is the Jade Cube a 3x3x3 with the 'Jades' on it or is it something different? Secondly is the Jade Pyraminx a Jings Pyramid?

Thanks Robert

Yep, your guesses are spot on. They are a 3x3 and a Jing's Pyraminx. :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm 

Thanks for the quick reply, any preferences/recommendations?

Thanks Robert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:57 am 

so does anyone know/have an update about the (black) Pyramorphinx from Meffert's/Jade Club? I did the reserve thing at Jade Club but now the white is for sale at Meffert's....to be safe should I just go ahead and order a white one from Meffert's to be sure I get one?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:25 am 

trixter wrote:
so does anyone know/have an update about the (black) Pyramorphinx from Meffert's/Jade Club? I did the reserve thing at Jade Club but now the white is for sale at Meffert's....to be safe should I just go ahead and order a white one from Meffert's to be sure I get one?
I'm in the very same situation. I'm going to wait. I trust that Meffert's will deliver, what I have reserved. It's not unusal that Chines factories produce the white version first.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:10 pm 

Hmm, I'm still not convinced if I should pay the membership fee yet. All I've seen so far is the ability to reserve puzzles ahead of time. Oh, & there was the special puzzles at the beginning of the year, but they didn't interest me that much. Since I already have a Skewb puzzle, the Golden Cube, I've shied away from other Skewb puzzles.

But do you have to pay the fee in order to reserve puzzles? I clicked Reserve on the new Master Pyramorphinx to see what would happy. A window popped saying something like, "Reserved". :shock: Ugh... I thought a confirmation window come asking me to pay my fee, or if I was sure to reserve one... & I don't think I even want the puzzles. It looks no harder then a pyraminx...

So unless something more happens, I won't be paying the membership fee...

P.S. Oh & an interesting, but unrelated, note. I saw Poloquebec's name mentioned. That was the guy I tried selling an unmodified V-Cube 6 too, but the cube never arrived. Anyone remember that story from my YouTube channel? It was September 2008, the month the V-Cube collection became offered. I already had a V-Cube 6, but I got the Collection so I could get the V5 & V7, & then sell the new V6 on eBay. But after I sent it to him in Canada, & it never arrived. After 5 weeks, I had to give a refund :shock: When we were at FedEx awhile later, they said they would have to charge extra from remoteness...

That was the reason why I haven't offered to ship stuff internationally until only recently.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:42 pm 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
Hmm, I'm still not convinced if I should pay the membership fee yet. All I've seen so far is the ability to reserve puzzles ahead of time. Oh, & there was the special puzzles at the beginning of the year, but they didn't interest me that much. Since I already have a Skewb puzzle, the Golden Cube, I've shied away from other Skewb puzzles.
The two Jade puzzles are a Cube and Jing's Pyraminx (neither exactly a Skewb :) ). I expect that they will look very special.
MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
I clicked Reserve on the new Master Pyramorphinx to see what would happy.
How can you judge the Jades reserve, when you are no Jade member? On the Meffert's site, I have not found a "Reserve" button for the new Master Pyramorphi(n)x. In the case of the "puzzle of the year", the Gear Cube, it worked pretty well. I could reserve it on the Jades site, have ordered it early and got it very fast (at least fast for my German standards)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:49 pm 

konsassen wrote:
The two Jade puzzles are a Cube and Jing's Pyraminx (neither exactly a Skewb :) ). I expect that they will look very special.
Yeah, I've just never been interested in getting a puzzle where just it's shape, or stickers has been changed. Unless it involves "cubes". Cubes are my favorite puzzles out there.
konsassen wrote:
How can you judge the Jades reserve, when you are no Jade member? On the Meffert's site, I have not found a "Reserve" button for the new Master Pyramorphi(n)x.
Oh I'm member, I just haven't paid the fee's yet. I saw it for available on the reserved page on the Jade website. But apparently it's already for sale on the Mefferts website :? But I just realized that it's nothing like a pyraminx. Isn't it same thing as the little pillowed puzzles that Cube4You released awhile ago? Even still, I still don't have the funds to buy every new puzzle that comes out. I plan on getting the Gear Cube next.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:26 am 

MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
Oh I'm member, I just haven't paid the fee's yet.
Strange definition of membership, I suppose this will not last very long. :wink:
MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
I saw it for available on the reserved page on the Jade website. But apparently it's already for sale on the Mefferts website :?
Yes, the white version. I'm still waiting for the black.
MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
But I just realized that it's nothing like a pyraminx.
No, itis a 3x3x3 in the shape of a Pyraminx. It's quite amusing and the shape shifting adds certainly a new quality to the old 3x3x3.
MeMyselfAndPi wrote:
Isn't it same thing as the little pillowed puzzles that Cube4You released awhile ago? ...
This would be the KO version of the Meffert's original. Otherwise you are correct: The new one is the unpillowed version of the Master Pyramorphi(n)x: http://www.mefferts.com/products/detail ... =13&id=258

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:36 pm 

monker59 wrote:
I heard from someone that the puzzles were shipping in June.

I certainly hope so. I wouldn't have joined if I thought I'd be waiting this long to get one.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:58 pm 

FYI - I got my Master Pyramorphinx in the mail today. :D :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:56 pm 

Back in January I made a post about traveling molds. Well today I bring you the story of traveling prototypes.

So many people have been asking about the Jade club puzzles lately (myself included) that I had to ask Uwe about these. I was in stitches when listening so I thought I would repeat it here for you.

The factory Meffert's is using to make these is not his usual factory, but it is a large one, and produces puzzles for many well known brandnames. Safe and secure and reliable right? Apparently not. As posted before Uwe was on holiday for a period in Australia. The Jade puzzles themselves have been ready for a while, but the masks have not been ready.

Finally, after about 7 different changes to the masks they are finally ready for painting and the first set of puzzles was sprayed and waiting for the approval to mass produce. But without the go ahead from Uwe, the company wouldn't start the painting. So they did what all Safe and secure and reliable companies would do. They sent him three samples of each.

Yippee! Puzzles to come soon! NOT! Someone in the office put Austria on the shipping label instead of Australia. So that is exactly where the puzzles went. :lol: :lol:

After 3 days and not receiving them, Uwe called the factory again. They assured him the puzzles were sent and gave him a tracking number. The tracking number had something transposed, but the very nice people in Australia were able to help him and work out that the package was indeed in Austria. No problem they said, we will reroute it back here and you should have it in a few days.

Yes! Puzzles to come soon! NOT! The puzzles were sent to Melbourne, and he was near Canberra. That's only a couple of hours away, so he would have them soon. Called the shipping company and they said "right, we'll put them on a truck you will have them in a couple of hours"

Yes! Puzzles to come soon! NOT! The day passed and still no puzzles. So another call was made only to find out the puzzles were now in Paris! :roll: France that is! :shock:

Well, by this time Uwe was leaving the next morning and couldn't wait for the puzzles anymore so he once again called the shipping company and told them to forward them on to HK. Well, he's been back for 3 days now and still no puzzles. :roll:

This set of prototypes are truely world travelers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last night Uwe called the factory again, and had them make a new set of prototypes. Hopefully I will get to see them on Friday next and you will see photo's coming soon. Here's hoping this set of puzzle prototypes makes it to HK and all is well. If so, we will be seeing the Jade puzzles coming soon.

Sadly, the first set of prototypes are out there on their own in the cruel world. If anyone sees them, could you please send me a message as to their location, I will pay to have them safely returned home. Those poor dears must be very frightened by now.

Oh, and I have the "third" one next to me on my desk. THINK PINK!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:12 am 

Well, good to hear they're nearly ready to be produced :)

Just trying to work out how they ended up in paris :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:05 am 

Disjunto wrote:
Just trying to work out how they ended up in paris :shock:

Me neither, but if you happen to see them twisting their way down the street, could you possibly help them to Charles de Gaulle and get them on a plane for home :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:24 am 

Nice story written by life. :lol: :lol: :lol: The story is worth the long waiting :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:52 am 

Jade News Letter wrote:
Hi All !
First of all I like to thank you for your extreme patience and understanding about the continuing delays to get the Jade puzzles to the production line. I had previously mentioned that these where the most difficult, most expensive yet most unique and beautiful puzzles I have ever undertaken to make. For that reason I appointed the world’s largest OEM maker of high quality toys and Novelties Jetta Manufacturing Limited a Hong Kong based company with 40 K+ workers and a very sophisticated R&D department.

The tooling even so complicated has long been finished and the first of a kind special RFID chips have arrived from Singapore. The most difficult the Imperial Jade molding and different jade color tipping after numerous tries was finally completed two weeks ago and send to me in Australia via Express FedEx with an guaranteed 48 hours delivery. When the goods had not yet been delivered after 4 days Jetta after checking was told by FedEx staff that they were not sure what happened to the parcel but it appeared to be somewhere in Europe and they would immediately forward it to the right address as what was shown on the shipping form to Australia. I am now back in Hong Kong and have still not received the samples, further follow up by Jetta's top Management got nowhere fast apparently the parcel is still somewhere in Europe waiting to be send back to the sender.

It’s unbelievable that a large company like FedEx has such poor tracking that they do not know for sure where their parcels are. So I have given up on them and Jetta is making new samples which will hopefully be delivered to me in the next couple of days.

After I receive them, I will keep you posted if the samples are good enough to go into production immediately. If so, we should be able to start sending out the JadeMinx and JadecCube around mid July.

:D

3x3x3 PB: 00:48.10
"Study gravitation, it's a field with a lot of potential."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:20 am 

I'm going to assume that JadeMinx was a typo, but probably is the third jade puzzle Rox mentioned.

Unless minx is short for pyraminx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:53 am 

I think that Pyraminx has been shortened down to Minx, it does make sense anyhow. I'm just looking forward to when my JadeMinx arrives. I really wish that there is some other way that I can order the JadeCube as well, as I had no idea what it was when I bought the JadeMinx.

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:42 am 

invite yourself and get the cube instead?
try and upgrade to a + membership?

there are ways :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 am 

Uwe Meffert wrote:
After I receive them, I will keep you posted if the samples are good enough to go into production immediately. If so, we should be able to start sending out the JadeMinx and JadecCube around mid July.

Has there been any word as to whether or not the new prototypes have met with his approval?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:26 pm 

Sorry for the bump, but I figured that this didn't deserve a new thread. A new newsletter just arrived toady:
Quote:
Hi All !

We have set up our new JadeClub Puzzle of the Year Competition and are now ready to receive entries for the Jade Puzzle 2010.
As you already know, the Jade Club is an organization of like-minded individuals around the world who enjoy the challenge of puzzles.
We play what we like, and we create what we play, let us be the designers! So what we think results into what we make.
Every Jade club member can now upload her/his puzzle design idea to us, we guarantee the safety of your creative idea and the
fairness of this competition, there is no actual pre-conceived limit as to the prize number as long as it is reasonable, once your idea
is accepted as the Jade Puzzle for 2010. We will give you a free gift, which could comprise of a cash voucher and a number of puzzles
for you and your friends. Your contribution to help this become reality is greatly appreciated. These Jade puzzles will only be available
to Jade Club Members and will not be available to the general public.

Exciting! I already know what I will upload...(you guys haven't seen it yet)

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:01 pm 

Great. Try and log in, and apparently I haven't got the right login or password. Where can I go to sort this out?

Buy the Curvy Copter Skewb, NovaMinx, and more here!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:48 am 

SEBUVER wrote:
Great. Try and log in, and apparently I haven't got the right login or password. Where can I go to sort this out?
I think, logins on that site may have a general problem. I could not login either :roll: and I'm pretty sure that I have stored my credentials correctly!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:50 am 

honestly, this is the first time I fell I am missing out on something. that sounds very interesting! a new design uploaded by a member?? this can only be good!
I wanna sign up now! :)

My puzzles in the Museum
My Website
My Youtube Channel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:59 am 

No problem logging in.

Nothing has changed though so you really aren't missing anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:30 am 

I can't log in. :(

Alex

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:47 am 

APJ wrote:

Alex
Maybe, it has to do with the fact that we live in old Europe? I have written an email to the Jades club and to Uwe Meffert.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:57 am 

konsassen wrote:
APJ wrote:

Alex
Maybe, it has to do with the fact that we live in old Europe? I have written an email to the Jades club and to Uwe Meffert.

I can't log in and I'm in the US.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 12:53 pm 

I can't log in either.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next