Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Meffert's new puzzle offer 7x7x7 & Void
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:08 pm 

upisno1 wrote:
chuckading wrote:
JasperJ wrote:
I'm surprised no-one mentioned the one really glaring difference between the copy and the original: the copy has open, hollow corner-mechanism bits, just like the cheapest of regular cubes. Given the weight difference, which is apparently minimal, I suspect the V-7 corner mechs are also hollow, but they're covered over, at least.

Sorry, the V-cube corners are hollow and do not have a cap.

You would think that a puzzle that cost so much would have those caps as all decent 3x3 do.

Though, I think the cap-less corners only affect the looks of the puzzle especially the white V-cubes as dirt can build up inside its inner lip.
Having no cap has no effect on the cubes performance.

5 of my corners are hollow and 3 are capped. Weird.

Reverse that. 5 are capped and 3 are hollow.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:17 pm 

JasperJ wrote:
I'm surprised no-one mentioned the one really glaring difference between the copy and the original: the copy has open, hollow corner-mechanism bits, just like the cheapest of regular cubes. Given the weight difference, which is apparently minimal, I suspect the V-7 corner mechs are also hollow, but they're covered over, at least.

They could probably easily get a (certainly Chinese) patent on that, which would be valid as such, it just wouldn't give them the right to actually produce the puzzle -- just the right to sell the right to make one with open corners to someone else.

This is exactly what I mean. Speculations of notions you have no idea of. Easy to get a patent? I do not think so. If I am wrong, prove it.
But do not speculate to sound knowledgeable and to support the fakes. It simply doesn't work here and it is confusing and deceiving.

JasperJ wrote:
And the horse you rode in on, too. I don't appreciate that kind of innuendo. If you want to accuse me of something, have the guts to come right out and say it.

So first you don't appreaciate my innuendos and then I have no guts. Please decide whether I am brave or a coward.
You are confusing everyone. (Plus, I ride bikes, not horses)

JasperJ wrote:
Why on earth would it be easier to stop exports from China than it was in the 80s?

In short. Today most marketing is heavily based on communications. There was neither internet nor advanced telephony in the 80s.

JasperJ wrote:
Conspiracy theories are great and all, but you really have to say it's the CIA who's doing it to finance their spy ring in Mosc^H^H^H^H^H Shanghai.

So are there conspiracy theories, or conspiracy facts? Again, you are confusing everyone.

JasperJ wrote:
Anyone who opposes Mr Meffert's scheme for their work, I wish them all the best, and I will support them whole-heartedly in their efforts. Whether or not I think it's a smart thing to has NOTHING to do with that.

Good on you.

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:21 pm 

Jamo wrote:
Did anyone else notice that the mefferts website says 327 parts instead of 218 parts for the v-cube 7?

The V-cube has 218 parts:
This does not include center caps or the core, and counts the edge pieces molded in two halves as one part.
Counting the split parts, the total comes to 278.
If 2 more face (center) parts are molded in two halves, this brings the total to 326. (The two x-center pieces on the V-cubes require side action molds. These are likely the modified part designs)
Counting the core (but not center caps) brings the total to 327.

The re-molded parts, along with a different choice of material will account for the differences in weight.

Videos on Youtube!

New Designs on Shapeways!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:21 pm 

David Calvo wrote:
Dan, my intention is not to argue, so I have nothing else to say. I was just pointint out that Konstantinos is not as clear as he try to appear, specially after reading his "annonymous" comments.

And what he told you is not true. I was the organization leader, and it's the first time I hear what you say.

But really, I stop here. Just wanted to show my support to Meffert (pretty sure that some of the troubles with Mr Okamoto and company will be clear out soon)

You speculate a lot David. For the championships you should be grateful that now the 6x6x6s and 7x7x7s are included.
Instead, you seem to be passionately against Konstantinos based on facts which are not being verified by anyone.
Then you don't want to argue, but you still post *and* argue.

No more comments.

Pantazis

Educational R&D, Gravity, 4D Symmetry, Puzzle Ninja, Matrix Mech, Alien Technology.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:23 pm 

upisno1 wrote:
upisno1 wrote:

5 of my corners are hollow and 3 are capped. Weird.

Reverse that. 5 are capped and 3 are hollow.

you should edit your post instead of making a new one

Personal Bests -single(avg of 12)
3x3-22.21(27.09)
4x4-1:28.18(1:53.49)
5x5-3:23.99(3:55.61)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:43 pm 

kastellorizo wrote:
Quote:
They could probably easily get a (certainly Chinese) patent on that, which would be valid as such, it just wouldn't give them the right to actually produce the puzzle -- just the right to sell the right to make one with open corners to someone else.

This is exactly what I mean. Speculations of notions you have no idea of. Easy to get a patent? I do not think so. If I am wrong, prove it.
But do not speculate to sound knowledgeable and to support the fakes. It simply doesn't work here and it is confusing and deceiving.
It's certainly possible to get a patent on modifications to something that is otherwise patented, by the same person or someone else. Something like that can only be used by the original patent holder or their licensees, so it has limited appeal for others, but it can certainly be done, with no more trouble than any other patent.
Quote:
JasperJ wrote:
And the horse you rode in on, too. I don't appreciate that kind of innuendo. If you want to accuse me of something, have the guts to come right out and say it.
So first you don't appreaciate my innuendos and then I have no guts. Please decide whether I am brave or a coward.

Innuendo is NOT in any way shape form or language the mark of a brave man. So no, I'm pretty sure what I'm saying you are. From both sides of that. Implying things without saying them means you can't defend yourself at all, and the person doing the implying thus never has to defend their words.
Quote:
JasperJ wrote:
Why on earth would it be easier to stop exports from China than it was in the 80s?
In short. Today most marketing is heavily based on communications. There was neither internet nor advanced telephony in the 80s.p

That's a bit *too* short. Because those are *exactly* the reasons why I think it will be a lot harder today. The internet puts purchasing power into the hands of the individual, which means that there is more legitimate traffic, smaller batches, and thus only a fraction of the Customs manpower available. You can stop whoever you can identify, but that percentage is growing smaller by the year.
Quote:
JasperJ wrote:
Conspiracy theories are great and all, but you really have to say it's the CIA who's doing it to finance their spy ring in Mosc^H^H^H^H^H Shanghai.

So are there conspiracy theories, or conspiracy facts? Again, you are confusing everyone.
All I can see is a half-formed conspiracy theory from your part, where you won't even name the culprit but just make vague accusations against companies unnamed. *And* you're the only one in the entire thread, as far as I can see.
Quote:
JasperJ wrote:
Anyone who opposes Mr Meffert's scheme for their work, I wish them all the best, and I will support them whole-heartedly in their efforts. Whether or not I think it's a smart thing to has NOTHING to do with that.

Good on you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:59 pm 

JasperJ wrote:
Quote:
JasperJ wrote:

Innuendo is NOT in any way shape form or language the mark of a brave man. So no, I'm pretty sure what I'm saying you are. From both sides of that. Implying things without saying them means you can't defend yourself at all, and the person doing the implying thus never has to defend their words.

So you are actually calling me a coward, based on your speculation. And this is on the internet, and of course against the forum's regulations.
Please visit me to any puzzle meeting or football game, or anywhere else, and say it to me face to face.
Otherwise, your own words mean nothing to me and anyone else here.

I never called you names, as the internet is the perfect hiding place for people like you.
Discussion hence, with people like you can never be constructive. Especially for someone
who is a passionate supporter of crimes. And this is NOT an innuendo. It is a FACT. You SUPPORT crimes.
(was that "brave" enough for you?)

Pantazis

PS. I will not continue chatting with someone who calls names, has never posted a photo, hides his actual name,
does not even display his location, and the only reason is here, is to always spread speculated and/or fake rumors.
(but anyone with your unethical views would prefer to hide, so I understand.)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:31 pm 

This topic has become uncontrolled and no longer worth keeping open. Open arguments like this are not productive.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3