Online since 2002. Over 3300 puzzles, 2600 worldwide members, and 270,000 messages.

TwistyPuzzles.com Forum

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm
I'm doing a project for a graphic design class in which I have to take an article and design a 4 page editorial about it. Basically all I'm really looking for is a link to a news article or interesting story about the side of the puzzling world/community that most of the public doesn't know about, maybe stories about all the crazy puzzles that exist beyond the Rubik's Cube

My only real requirement is that the article be about one page worth of text. Any help at all is really appreciated!

_________________
My budding baby blog, Twisted Interests!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:38 pm
https://www.facebook.com/themetagrobologist?ref=br_tf

The Metagrobologist is working on issues for puzzle-people.

_________________
Puzzle Photography Group
Facebook

doctor who wrote:
I don't think I can make her pose without heavy sedation. The rendering doesn't have to be perfect, it just can't look like Oskar in drag.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm
I need to have this done by next Tuesday, if there isn't anything relevant I'll just make an article for it (hopefully some community members will contribute ;)) anyways The Metagrobologist isn't really the demographic I'm seeking. I would love some resource material talking about twisty puzzles of a less common nature (high orders, dodecas, maybe unique ones like the Curvy copter in them?)

_________________
My budding baby blog, Twisted Interests!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:55 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am
Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
Feel free to use one of the articles from my blog. There are more than 200 to choose from and some are pretty long and detailed.

_________________
Kevin
Hopelessly addicted to puzzles!! :oops:
Visit my blog: Puzzlemad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:09 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm
Puzzlemad wrote:
Feel free to use one of the articles from my blog. There are more than 200 to choose from and some are pretty long and detailed.

Thanks very much for your permission, I think I'll manage to find something :) Do you have any relatively short posts to recommend? I'm on strict guidelines of only having two 8.5x11 inch pieces of paper for all the text and images, so I unfortunately can't use your more interesting long articles.

_________________
My budding baby blog, Twisted Interests!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:45 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am
Location: In my study drooling over my puzzle hoard - Precioussssss!
TheCubingKyle wrote:
Do you have any relatively short posts to recommend? I'm on strict guidelines of only having two 8.5x11 inch pieces of paper for all the text and images, so I unfortunately can't use your more interesting long articles.

Hmm that's hard! I don't do many short posts. The only real short ones are simple puzzle reviews and they may be too simple for you. Some interesting medium length ones are here:
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/06/its-l-of-burr.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/06/6-piece-burrs-dont-have-to-be-boring.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/07/how-many-more-n-ary-puzzles-do-you-need.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/08/eric-fuller-you-are-n-times-genius.html
Or finally a bit shorter:
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/08/a-bonus-for-me-and-so-for-you-too.html
Without really understanding what you're supposed to achieve, it's quite hard to suggest articles!

_________________
Kevin
Hopelessly addicted to puzzles!! :oops:
Visit my blog: Puzzlemad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:48 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:58 pm
Maybe you already thought of this, but just in case... TwistyPuzzles have some great articles here: http://twistypuzzles.com/articles/

Skabarajo.

_________________
My collection | My first mod | Making of first mod | Items for sale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: In need of some interesting puzzle articles
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:10 pm
Puzzlemad wrote:
TheCubingKyle wrote:
Do you have any relatively short posts to recommend? I'm on strict guidelines of only having two 8.5x11 inch pieces of paper for all the text and images, so I unfortunately can't use your more interesting long articles.

Hmm that's hard! I don't do many short posts. The only real short ones are simple puzzle reviews and they may be too simple for you. Some interesting medium length ones are here:
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/06/its-l-of-burr.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/06/6-piece-burrs-dont-have-to-be-boring.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/07/how-many-more-n-ary-puzzles-do-you-need.html
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/08/eric-fuller-you-are-n-times-genius.html
Or finally a bit shorter:
http://www.puzzlemad.co.uk/2013/08/a-bonus-for-me-and-so-for-you-too.html
Without really understanding what you're supposed to achieve, it's quite hard to suggest articles!


I decided to use your article on a Hunter Palshuk cuboid, and I'll just trim out the extra bits.

Basically I have to design a 4 page editorial to prove I understand my designing programs. Front =cover, inner two pages are whatever I want, and the back is a small objective statement about the class I'm taking. I just wanted a puzzle article :)

_________________
My budding baby blog, Twisted Interests!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Forum powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group